The joy of Play Store :)

Doing support on Holidays…

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 3:04 AM
To: support
Seems like a really cool app… I have it connected to my subsonic server, it does not seem show the library. Is it trying to sync I think, but I have a pretty large collection… Several TB… I can’t imagine it’s trying to make a local copy of my database. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tim

---- Technical details, do not remove ----
Symfonium: 7.1.0a-1202 [true/0/186/84]
Android: 13 - 33 [arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi]
Device: motorola - moto g power 5G - 2023 [devonn_g_sys - devonn]|

Symfonium support Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 10:55 AM
To: Tim
Hi,

Symfonium is offline first and all its magic is possible due to local optimized copy of the data.

Sync should be fast even on large libraries unless you use an unmaintained server that requires compatibility mode.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 3:26 PM
To: Symfonium support
I think you missed my point… I do all that and don’t get any music in the library… Either from the local device or subsonic… Both after going through a scan.

Thanks for the help

Tim

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 3:48 PM
Well all I have is what you tell me :slight_smile:

You asked a question I answered, you do not mention local device or sync finishing.

See

To provide proper logs and details.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 3:56 PM
OK. I think we are misunderstanding… Seems like a good app… However I cannot get it to play music or show anything. I can see everything in folder view…

Both locally and subsonic:

“have it connected to my subsonic server, it does not seem show the library. It is trying to sync I think”. But I get nothing after the sync.

Thanks

Tim

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 4:03 PM
I perfectly understand, on the other hand as I said I need logs and details to be able to help.

I have no magical power to see what you do on the app, how you configure it or what Subsonic server you may use …

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 4:21 PM
Should get it… Now

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 5:17 PM
The logs are nearly empty and you provided nearly no details …

Seems you are using the original Subsonic server, you need to check the option compatibility mode for the sync to work and it will take time.

If you have a large library and want to keep using that server then Symfonium is probably not the app you want to use.

Most maintained servers have joined Open Subsonic that I initiated to fix and improve API.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 5:29 PM
> The logs are nearly empty and you provided nearly no details …

Because I do t have anymore detail the app doesn’t do anything.

Seems you are using the original Subsonic server, you need to check the option compatibility mode for the sync to work and it will take time.

I explained that throughout the emails… If I’m using “subsonic” that’s what I’m using, not masonic not airsonic nor any of the other alternately named servers, there is only one “Subsonic”. Not sure where you missed this… My original QUESTION TO To which after 2 emails AFTER SUGGESTING I expected you to have a “crystal ball”… Of course I don’t expect that, but I sent you the pertinent support Info (rather your software added it to the email.)… So I went through the effort to get you the logs and you have the audacity to complain that there wasn’t much info… Of course there isn’t an info the app doesn’t do anything but look pretty.

If you have a large library and want to keep using that server then…

I explained this in the first email

Symfonium is probably not the app you want to use.

Certainly it is not…

Most maintained servers have joined Open Subsonic that I initiated to fix and improve API.

Thanx for the help., I’ll be uninstalling

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 5:57 PM
Thanks for the bad rating, it’s really nice, I wonder why I bothered trying to help you during my holidays …

Subsonic is an API so it defines all the servers that use it …

Everything is covered in the doc [Wiki] Subsonic / OpenSubsonic - media provider configuration

So thanks for the bad rating killing the app for doing what it says it does and for me trying to help you despite you refusing my help.

Amazing lack of respect, Merry Christmas …

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Tim Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 6:13 PM
The bad rating is for the attitude. You wrote a piece of software and released it to public on play store… It seems to work well for some people… It doesn’t work at all for me, I have worked in some sort of tech support for 20 yrs… And am a pretty expiriences software designer… Im certain your player took some effort to get on the Google play store. And I’m certain you’ve made some money with this app. I took “my holiday” and sent a problem ticket in asking for help, because it DOESS NOT work. I would think this is something you would want to address… After several attempts at being polite you gave me continued attitude… So I wrote a truhfull review… The app doesn’t work for me… And the support provider is rude… Nothing untruthful there so my review is 1 star…

Happy new year

T

[Quoted text hidden]|