Playback sometimes doesn't stop on Bluetooth disconnect

Issue description:

Sometimes when I disconnect / turn off my bluetooth headphones, Symfonium will continue to play music (now on the internal speaker). Usually it pauses the music (the expected behavior).

I haven’t found a reliable way to reproduce this yet, but it doesn’t seem to depend on which headphones are used.
Maybe it’s related to some backgroud services being stopped by the OS?

Logs:

Issue happens somewhere around the last 30s of the logs :slight_smile:

debug-20221017_151958.zip (822.3 KB)

Let me know if you need anything else!

I experienced the same thing today when explicitly testing that. Had no logs on though.

1 Like

Well from the logs the OS does not send the event.

I’ll see what I can do in next release but having BT events require a permission.

The issue started only recently, I think with version 1.11.0. Before that, I never had a problem.
Maybe you’re targeting a newer API version or something that broke it? Other “simple” and non-native apps like Finamp don’t seem to have the issue either, and I don’t think they have any additional permission :thinking:

This is Android there’s a million ways to do things and each depend on the OS version the compile SDKthe target SDK and many other things :wink:

Nothing have changed regarding this in Symfonium, I listen to ACTION_AUDIO_BECOMING_NOISY and log “Headphones removed”

You can see in your logs that it’s present a few times, and not near the end of the logs where you said it happened.

Unless BT devices also send ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG then it will require BluetoothA2dp.ACTION_CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED and that one require permission on Android 12+ when targeting A12+

I see. Given that I’m running A12, is there a way for me to grant this permission?

This issue has become so annoying that I would like to downgrade to an older version. Is this possible somehow? I tried to install one of the beta APKs you shared in other threads, but they can’t be installed on a more recent version it seems (“App not installed as package seems to be invalid”).
Can I uninstall the app and the install the beta APK without loosing all my settings and playlists?

This is not possible.

Just wanted to note that this hasn’t been a problem with 2.0.0. So I’ll go ahead and close this now :slight_smile: