Default sorting on files view subsonic

Issue description:

When browsing my subsonic server library using files mode, the default view does not sort folders in alphabetical order. This behavior persists even if i change the ascii setting in library settings.
Please clarify if this is the correct behavior for this view and wnat criteria Symfonium uses for sorting items in default view

Add as much details as possible, including reproduction steps.

Logs:

Join files do not paste the content of the files here! Do not upload them to random website, zip files are allowed.
(They are mandatory, no need to ask if I need them or don’t assume they are not needed for your issue, they are needed.)

Screenshots:

Additional information:

Join files do not paste the content of the files here! Do not upload them to random website, zip files are allowed.
(They are mandatory, no need to ask if I need them or don’t assume they are not needed for your issue, they are needed.)

So this will probably be a shock, but this is an image :slight_smile:

A log is a text file with well logs: [Wiki] How to gather logs and open an issue

Your image does not even show the sort order you choose. [Wiki] How to sort, filter and configure display modes in library views

So despite a nice template and everything we have just both lost a lot of time.

So I’ll start making random assumptions since we are here, you are using the Default sort and that is the order that your server send the files in). If you want another sort, either fix the server or change the sort.

Yes it is an image.i guess that was a surprise.

Default sorting order as im my first message

debug-20230824_155217.zip (46,9 KB)

And this is a log file. Wow!

default view

^^ view != sorting

And so you have the answer in my message above … Default is the order the server send the files. If you want to force a sort configure a sort.

Ok. Is there a way to sort the library with name ordering and when i am in a folder to have Symfonium automatically (wothout user intervention) sort music files by another order (eg default)?

No there’s no such notion in Subsonic API either. Everything is a directory and it can have infinite deep.

If you want your server default sort to change based on what is requested you need to see with the server side.

I was thinking - hoping if it was somehow this automatic sorting function, implemented in Symfonium app. I know I’m lazy to continuously change the sorting order.

I don’t know why you would need to change the order you are quite unclear since the start.

Because when filesview and default sorting order you see how folders are sorted.
Whe i change to name order folders are correctly sorted but when indide a folder music files are sorted alphabetically (of course) and this sorting is not always the correct order.

To be more clear suppose we have a folder with 3 tracks. 1st is B.flac 2nd is C.Flac and the 3rd is A.flac.
In default sort order they are correctly sorted B, C, A
In name order they are soerted as A, B, C (obviously) but they are the 3rd, 1st and the 2nd track of this album.
So you see why i have to sort folders by name and when inside the folder i want to play sort the files by the default order.

Yes so very specific to last level folder for songs in an album and with songs name not starting by the track number.

Not much I can do here, that’s something for the server side.

But Symfonium is made to not really need file mode, why do not use all the library functions?

Because there are some music files in my library (from ehm unknown sources) without id tags. I am fixing them but its a pain in the a…h and i as i said I’m lazy.

And by the way congratulations for your application. If i didn’t knew it was who created i could swore that a big team of programmers involved in the project.
Keep up the good work.

Only me :slight_smile:

And I do have unknown media too for mood playlists you can 3 dots on the parent folder then play to play in server order.