I’m trying to get Symfonium to display lyrics for songs playing from my Jellyfin server (version 10.8.4).
From some of the other threads on this forum it seems like there are people who use Jellyfin and are able to see the lyrics.
What I’ve tried:
- Create four different tracks with different lyrics configuration:
- “Muzzy - Endgame” has no lyrics at all
- “JT Roach - Lazy Kisses” has a
.lrcfile containing synchronized lyrics next to the file on the server. The file has the exact same name, except for the different extension.
- “Neoni - DARKSIDE” has synchronized lyrics which where embedded with MusicBee and no
- “PatrickReza - November” has unsynchronized lyrics, also embedded using MusicBee, no
- I’ve verified that MusicBee is showing lyrics for all tracks except “Muzzy - Endgame”, as expected. For synchronized lyrics, the current line is properly highlighted.
- After rescanning my music library in Jellyfin, I opened Symfonium, turned on Debug Mode, and started a Sync.
- I then played all for files in the same order as above. While the files where playing, I tapped the screen once, which highlights the floating buttons on the album cover (like, cast, etc.). (This sadly pauses the track and I couldn’t find a way to disable this.) I suspect that the lyrics button would show up as one of these floating buttons, as one person mentioned a button with contrast issues in the linked thread.
- I took screenshots of the Now Playing Screen and the song menu to show that I can’t see a lyrics button.
- During the third song, I chaged the Now Playing UI style from Minimalist to Default, in case lyrics are only shown for some of the styles. Still no lyrics button.
Logs are here because it wouldn’t let me upload a < 5 MB file here directly, with the error message saying that the maximum is 19.7 MB…
Muzzy - Endgame (no lyrics):
JT Roach - Lazy Kisses (
Neoni - DARKSIDE (embedded, synchronized):
PatrickReza - November (embedded, unsynchronized):
I am aware that just because MusicBee can show the lyrics that doesn’t mean Symfonium can too. MusicBee is accessing the file system, while Symfonium has to go through Jellyfin. I’m not demanding anything either.
It would be nice though to know which scenario is expected to work. In the changelog I couldn’t find specific information about that, and neither in the other threads.
Do files have to be downloaded offline? Are lyrics only supported when transcoding / direct playing? Is a certain Jellyfin version or plugin required?
Right now I’m just guessing and have no other ideas anymore
A wiki entry for this would be much appreciated, if it isn’t too much work!
Thanks for your help.