Your app needs to be able to play mp3 from Google Drive

I would like to be able to use your app to not only play mp3 files from my phone, but also from Google Drive. I have an app called Cloudbeats that can play them from Google Drive. And an app called Poweramp that plays them from my phone. Your app plays fine from my phone. Why is it so difficult to get an app like yours that can do both really well?

1 Like

Why is is so hard to not bad rate on Play Store would be a much more interesting question actually don’t you think?

I’ve explained you why, Google refuse to add SAF support to drive as they should
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139965899

So to support drive it requires using their bugged API with quota and pay them when too much data is used.

Since users won’t pay a subscription why should I loose money to add something ?

1 Like

Then, as I asked you, how come the app Cloudbeats can play my mp3 files in Google Drive and you tell me they won’t let you? How come you won’t answer that question?

Endless joy of nice users :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas…

1 Like

I’m not paying a subscription to Cloudbeats. What’s your next excuse?

1 Like

I just explained you for the second time …

I never said they won’t let me I say they do not support the normal way to access files and requires to use their shitty API…

Seems your reading issues are worse than my English skills …

1 Like

I give up, go annoy someone else, and keep bad rating for feature request.

This is not really how educated people act in real life but this is Internet you have super powers don’t you ? :wink:

1 Like

Hint for other users, when you want a dev to add things he does not yet support, assaulting and bad rating is the best way to get nothing.

Devs are humans and humans deserve respect, even if your country many assume that paying 4$ makes the dev your slave for life…

1 Like

And how am I supposed to know that? I’m not a developer. And for your info, I have a Bachelor’s degree, so don’t talk to me about education.

And the finish line for the posterity :slight_smile:

One day I’ll understand people, but it seems there’s really no limit to people stupidity and lack of respect.

1 Like

You are supposed to read what I wrote … If you are so smart you can read no?

You see on my holidays still taking time to try to explain you things nicely despite your disgusting actions, and yet here we are.

You have a question, I give you an answer, if you do not understand the answer, you ask a question, like what is an API, like an educated person. You do not just repeat that I do not answer when I obviously do, don’t you think?

But since you love your Internet super powers, you don’t have to read, just bad rate and assault it’s much more fun.

1 Like

So since this nice person keep assaulting on Play Store and tells me that I was very nasty in the email Exchange and that due to my bad English I was not able to guess his issue from the start because he perfectly explained it, here’s the full e-mail exchange as I won’t let this pass on Christmas day.

Symfonium: Music player & cast
9 messages

Karl <> Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 7:19 AM
To: [email protected]
Just purchased your premium version and noticed that the app will not accept a password that I put in to backup my settings. I don’t remember logging in in the first place. What should I do? Uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks,

Karl|

Symfonium support [email protected] Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 10:18 AM
To: Karl <>
Hi,

I’m not sure, I follow, but when you export your settings you have to enter a password as it encrypts the data. There’s a red warning about that.

If you forget your password then you can’t restore your backup.

You do not need to reinstall the app, you just can’t use the backup and need to reconfigure the app again if you reinstalled or export again the setting and remember the password.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Karl <> Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 8:13 PM
To: Symfonium support [email protected]
Yes, I know what you’re saying, cause I’ve seen that screen for restoring. My problem is that it does the exact same thing when I try to export or save my settings. I deleted the app data and started all over, just like installing brand new. I just want to play songs stored on my phone, and in Google Drive, since I don’t use any of those services your app shows. So, when I select local, I don’t have to enter a password. It plays the songs just fine. But, when I try to save all of my settings, it demands a password that is a minimum of 3 characters, which I haven’t created yet, and it won’t accept anything I type in without giving me that red error message. Do I have to join one of those 5 cloud services your app lists and use that password before it will work?

Thanks,

Karl

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support [email protected] Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 9:28 PM
What red message ?

When you export the settings that’s the moment you set the password for that backup file.

As soon as you enter more than 3 letters in the field you should be able to click the button.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Karl <> Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM
OK, I provided 2 screenshots for you to look at. When I typed in the numbers 7990, the Backup button lit up. When I pressed it, I get the “Error during backup” message at the bottom with your red app logo. So, as you can see, I am using your app correctly. If this can’t be fixed, I am going to want a refund. I am going to be upgrading phones in Feb and I do not want to set up all the settings again manually. I have done this twice already. Plus, I’m not happy about the fact that I can’t connect my mp3s on Google Drive, either.

Thanks,

Karl

[Quoted text hidden]|

Symfonium support [email protected] Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 10:34 AM
The thing is that it’s currently hard to get the proper information from you, giving the error message would have helped a lot.

I need logs [Wiki] How to gather logs and open an issue to see what is the actual error.

And it will be fixed.

About Google drive it’s not advertised as supported and Google have decided that they do not want to offer normal access to the files for apps :

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139965899

With said said you can open a feature request at Feature requests - Symfonium support and I’ll see if it’s possible to offer that via offer ways.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Karl <> Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 11:45 AM
OK, I attached the log file for you. I am using Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Yes, I know you don’t advertise Google Drive. I use another app called Cloudbeats, and somehow they can play on Google Drive and you tell me that Google doesn’t allow you to? I opened a feature request.

Thanks,

Karl

[Quoted text hidden]

— —|

Symfonium support [email protected] Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 12:38 PM
Thanks for the bad rating too, I really appreciate it, trying to kill the app is really a nice move …

Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing quick support during my holidays to be treated like that …

You do know apps are made by humans? That I’m an indie dev but still a human? And that humans still deserve a little respect?

Humanity would be way better if people were kind to each other.

Anyway thanks for the logs that show the issue, will be fixed in the next release when I’m back from holidays.

Regards,

Tolriq

[Quoted text hidden]|

Karl <> Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 12:44 PM
You deserve the bad rating. Refund my money and I’ll remove it. You think you’re wasting money? I’ve wasted way more than $5 of my time responding to you!

Thanks,

Karl

[Quoted text hidden]|

2 Likes

I feel so bad for you Tolriq.

1 Like