UI scrolling and swiping sluggish and choppy after Ver 4.01

Having this issue after the first Version 4 update. Phone is a Moto G Power (2021) Scrolling is choppy and sluggish. More than double the amount of swiping needed to advance the album covers.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Each and every time you force me to repeat myself can you please make just the minimum effort to understand that the template is mandatory as the logs ???

Hopefully done correctly this time.

Issue description:

Having this issue after the first Version 4 update. Phone is a Moto G Power (2021) Scrolling is choppy and sluggish. More than double the amount of swiping needed to advance the album covers.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ziav5EsPHlVmv3PoBk7ULJFazjTQzufj/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots: none

Additional information:

Symfonium: 4.0.1-886 Android: 11 - 30 [arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi]
Device: motorola - moto g power (2021) [borneo_retail - borneo]

Unfortunately no, the link is not accessible that’s why ai request uploads here.

And please provide a video to show what you mean by sluggish.

“Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 19.8 MB). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then paste the link?”

Forum would not allow the log upload due to size. Issue a bit better with Automatic image cache enabled.
My Plex music collection is quite large, not sure if that’s a factor

The link is protected so I can’t access it.

The size of the collection have no impact, the download of the images in background could have an impact if your phone is really slow but nothing changed in that regard in 4.0.1 from before.

A video would help to see what you call sluggish as asked.

Sorry for the delay hope this helps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QBBc0FYEt9_7CCWlvlzSnHjnIneI1TaU/view?usp=sharing

Ok so this sounds like a no velocity issue not a slow or lag thing.

What happens if you move your finger faster? And over a longer distance?

Have you disabled animations in Android developer settings or touched other settings there.

Moving my finger faster over a longer distance does speed up but not much. I have not adjusted anything in developer options. I may be wrong about which version of Symfonium this issue started to occur but it was not an issue for me in past.

I use Plexamp with the same music collection and it is fast and responsive.

Thank You

The app is fast and responsive too, use the scrollbar on the right you’ll see.

The issue is that Compose on your device no more generate proper velocity on your movements.

I’ll try to ask Compose team what impact the calculation but there’s something changed on your device triggering that.

1 Like