Trial Only 1 day

I installed the app and fired it up. When the screen popped-up about the trial, I did not continue and backed-out of the app. I thought this meant I did not activate the trial.

Now, when I went back into the app a week later, the app has been updated and now my trial expires in less than one day.

Is there a way for me to actually get a week trial instead of a 6 hour trial?

Thank you very much!

If only there was a template to fill … I really wonder why 99% of users just don’t read and delete a bunch a text …

Anyway the trial starts when you press the button not before. And yes I can increase it but it requires the trialID that I would have if you filled the template with the logs :wink:

Oh, I read that and summarily deleted it! :slight_smile: It was my mistake thinking the log wasn’t necessary: I can say I did not make it to the bottom of the template where it said they were mandatory. My apologies.

Attached is the log.
debug-20230222_085125.zip (3.0 KB)

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thank you again for your help!

This is also at the start of the template :wink:

Anyway this is strange your trialID is not present in the logs you need to uninstall the APP/ reinstall the provide the trialID visible from the purchase page.

Thanks again for the effort and the responses: Even after just one day, I’m heavily leaning towards making the purchase and the additional days won’t make a difference.

Thank you again!