Sync progress on Jellyfin

Feature description:

Currently, when I play a long audio file, like a podcast which is 2 hours long, Symfonium remembers the last stopped/paused position. However, it does not sync the position on Jellyfin but marks it as “Played” on the server.

Problem solved:

The problem this will solve is syncing the position in the cloud, which will allow me to pick up where I stopped the playback on my Android device and resume on another device, such as my PC.

Brought benefits:

Solving this will allow me to pick up where I stopped on any device, Android or non-Android. I can switch between clients and also, if I have Symfonium running on two Android devices, it will remember my position on both devices.

Other application solutions:

The native Jellyfin client syncs the position because it saves it in the cloud. But I obviously enjoy the UI of Symfonium much more! 

Additional description and context:

Not provided 

Screenshots / Mockup:

1 Like

Symfonium does send the resume point to Jellyfin.

Seems they once again broke something and wrongly mark it played…

Please provide logs reproducing this.

1 Like

Sure thing. Can you tell me which logs to provide that’ll help you?

I upload logs from the app and tagged the URL of this thread as an identifier. Please let me know if that helps.

From the logs Symfonium sends the proper command for the resume point.

I would need the Jellyfin logs for that same moment, and if possible in the jellyfin logs also set the resume point from the jellyfin app to see if they updated to use something else.

I couldn’t find anything in the logs - hastebin
Am I looking at the correct logs?

You need to enable debug logs

Enabled and captured.
https://paste.yunohost.org/eyororewop
Does this help?

Well no there’s nearly nothing in the logs :frowning:

What is the content of that json configuration?

{
    "Serilog": {
        "MinimumLevel": {
            "Default": "Debug",
            "Override": {
                "Microsoft": "Warning",
                "System": "Warning"
            }

Sell all to Debug as it’s probably system logs.

One more time :smiley:
https://paste.laravel.io/8b19ac3e-e23c-4597-aa40-b56d0e8a31e7

Well it does show that there’s an issue on Jellyfin side parsing the data I send.

But the logs are not clear enough to be helpful if you try again from another app :frowning:

Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.Binders.SimpleTypeModelBinder: Attempting to bind parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]' using the name '' in request data ...
Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.Binders.SimpleTypeModelBinder: Could not find a value in the request with name '' for binding parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]'.
Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.Binders.SimpleTypeModelBinder: Done attempting to bind parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]'.
Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.ParameterBinder: Done attempting to bind parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]'.
Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.ParameterBinder: Attempting to validate the bound parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]' ...
Feb 02 18:16:43 jellyfin[786373]: [18:16:43] [DBG] [23] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ModelBinding.ParameterBinder: Done attempting to validate the bound parameter 'positionTicks' of type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int64]'.

Playback stopped reported by app Android 14 playing Group Therapy 563 with Above & Beyond and Fehrplay. Stopped at unknown ms

I suspect they stopped supporting the parameters passed via Json body and I need to pass them via get params maybe :frowning:

I hate Jellyfin … Will try to repro and understand what they changed.

1 Like

Mate, thank you so much! I really appreciate your responses!
If it helps, the library is categorized as “Books” (not sure if that matters).
Either way, thanks and I hope you can find a solution. My free trial expires tomorrow, and I’ll definitely be paying for the full version.