After nearly 10 years of users feedback and thanks to the new Google compose framework, I’ve finally built a dedicated music player app.
It’s time to introduce Symfonik: Music player & cast, a new modern application designed to be the central control point of your music.
Symfonik allows you to add many different media sources (Your local Android device, Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, Kodi) in a single merged interface and play them locally or cast to Chromecast / UPnP / DLNA / Kodi devices.
Please note that this is a paid application with a fully functional free trial as I hate ads and crippled applications.
Symfonik already have most of the expected features, but is first released as an open beta to ensure Compose works well on the variety of devices and gather more feature requests to prioritize the TODO list.
- Full support of Android 5+, Kodi 19+, Plex, Emby, Jellyfin.
- Can cast from any source to local device, Chromecast, UPnP, Kodi, with fast migration between players while keeping the position and the queue.
- Full Android Auto support.
- Offline cache. (Media and images for complete offline experience) (Download songs, albums, artists, genre, playlists to the local device for offline playback)
- Audio books support. (Playback speed, resume albums / playlists, …)
- Full Android 12 / Material You support, day / night mode, custom themes that can be imported, …
- Completely configurable interface.
- Support Flac, ALAC, Opus, … can transcode when the provider support it and the target requires it.
- File mode support.
And much more just try, and if something is missing just request it.
Play store link:
Support forum and documentation:
- Promo codes will be regularly posted on the forums during the beta phase.
- There’s still quite a few features planned before official release, be sure to post and vote for your most wanted ones.