Swipe Compact Player to Advance/Go Back in Queue

Feature description:

If related to media, be sure to explain for what media provider this request is.

Add as much details as possible.
Please be precise about your need and not the solution you think you need.

Not related to other media, besides the notes under the “Other application solutions” section.

Problem solved:

Describe your problem precisely as it’s more important than the solution you may think of.

Not really a problem, but in other music streaming apps, swiping left/right on the Compact Player will play the next/previous song in the queue. It will eliminate the need for a next/previous button on the Compact Player itself.

I found myself trying to swipe left/right on the compact player multiple times since other apps do it.

Brought benefits:

Explain what benefits it brings to all users and not just you and your possibly very unique need.

From above, It will eliminate the need for a next/previous button on the Compact Player itself, making for a cleaner UI and keep the app in line with other major provider’s solutions.

Other application solutions:

If other applications have solved this, please describe their solution (If it fits your needs, else explain why their solution is not perfect)

I primarily use Spotify (which does this very well) and I think Apple Music also does this from my limited experience.

Additional description and context:

The more details the better to understand the need and figure out the best solution.

On Spotify, when swiping to the next/previous song, it will auto-play the next song, even if the previous song was paused. I think this is a good way to keep the flow moving, although maybe this could be an optional toggle?

Screenshots / Mockup:

If possible please provide screenshots of your idea of the implementation or how other application do this.

I don’t know how to encapsulate this idea in a screenshot since it’s a gesture, but here’s an annotated screenshot of Spotify’s UI.

Unfortunately this is not really compatible to be done correctly with the player of Symfonium.

Unlike Spotify you can swipe / drag the player up to expand it. Spotify does not support that so there’s no gesture conflict and risk of unwanted track change.

Understood, if this is not possible due to gesture conflicts that makes sense. Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile:

Not that it’s not possible just that it’s not that simple.

I’ll leave this opened but I doubt this will have big interest as the next button is easy to add.

The solution would be to disable the swipe up gesture and enable the other one via a setting.

1 Like