Subsonic servers participation

Just need to be sure everyone is on the same page since the idea of a new API resurface.

Time is limited for everyone, so doing both in parallel won’t brings good.

Anyway if all is good, we can move on the extension part then.

Just need the github organisation created see Documentation Site and Organization

For neutrality and more participation from other client side, I think it would be best if the owner of the org was one of the open source server. Let’s continue on the other thread and define a name to move on.

Agree with @itm , I think the result was pretty clear.

How about Supersonic :grinning:

That’s the name of the new client I’m working on :slight_smile: Though I’m thinking it might need a name change because there’s a lot of stuff called Supersonic out there, including old abandoned Subsonic clients

I thought it might be a bit obvious :smiley:

@sentriz still in holidays ? :slight_smile:

So time to move on, Sentriz did vote for extension anyway.

I must admit I have no idea about the org name, and no idea of the impacts of using the name subsonic in in the org.
Seems there’s already a subsonic github org that have nothing to do with Subsonic.

The limit being 39 char.
Subsonic-api-extensions does fit the purpose and easy to remember.

To ensure parity and openness of this, it would be nice to start the org with at least 2 servers and 2 clients as owners.

@Deluan said he’s already ok to be 1
@Tolriq say I’m ok :stuck_out_tongue:

@itm ? @spl0k ? @gravelld ? @dravin

For the moment AFK but just in case @lachlan-00 and @sentriz of course.

Yep, I’m in! My Github username is dweymouth

I can be if you need a server representative - just pretty busy with lots of other projects so I don’t mind taking less of a “front seat”.

I can be if you need a server representative - just pretty busy with lots of other projects so I don’t mind taking less of a “front seat”.

From my part, I’d say the same.

As for a name, I thought about OpenSonic, but it is already taken. What about OpenSubsonic? We can always rename it if we ever get any complaints from Sindre Mehus (which I doubt, given he has disappeared long time ago and doesn’t seem to care anymore)

1 Like

@Tolriq I am in :slight_smile:
OpenSubsonic sounds fine.

Organization created: OpenSubsonic · GitHub
Current owners: @deluan, @Tolriq and @dravin
We need one more server owner. @itm? @gravelld? @spl0k ? @lachlan-00? @sentriz?
The others should be added as admins. I’ll also send invites to the devs of Sonixd, play:Sub, Substreamer, SubFire and Airsonic Refix. If you have connections with other server/clients devs, let’s invite them as well.

We should have waited a little before sending invitations to the others, write a few things and validate the organisation.

Create the open-subsonic-api repository.

Enable discussions:

• General discussion
  • Api request (For anyone to start talking about the needs and try to define what is possible or not and possible ways)
  • Draft extensions (to finalize details before working on PR)

Let’s not redo 3 months of discussions about what we already said.

Yes you can add me (epoupon on github)

I’ve only created the org and added you and @dravin, I didn’t invite anyone else, so we can still prepare the org before inviting others.I haven’t done anything yet, because I’m away this week, until the 26th, but wanted to kick start the org ASAP

Yes no prob just wanted to be sure, that was on this week Todo list for me.

Will prepare what I can there.

Feel free to add me on the server side, I’m @gravelld

Hello.
I’ve accepted the invite to the org, but In can’t guarantee I’ll be able to take part in the discussions.
Anyway, I’ve been added to the wrong team (I’m a server developer), I sent a request to join the correct one.

Hi!

I’m in for this org, i’ve just had a lot of outside issues where i’m a bit time poor but i want ampache to be part of this.

I need to update the api to 1.17 and then from there whatever we work out.

Right now i’m trying to get to a point to freeze ampache6 and 1.17 is my goal for subsonic support

I’ve added you.

So in the end only @sentriz is missing or having the greatest holidays of his life and don’t want to come back :stuck_out_tongue:

hi sorry for the long delay. i’m back now, and yes i did vote for extension. looks good to me

can you also at me to the org? thanks!