Streaming to KEF LSX Speakers using DLNA not working

app-beta-final.apk (5.5 MB)
Another round ? :slight_smile:

Why not while weā€™re at it :stuck_out_tongue:
https://nas.meap.gg/d/s/p1oRhoFLQBO0FCPyxcNvStoQxWHJDlML/lH1hOUXYMhXwY5pzs0lwcIYXiNwEULKI-vrDg7Ykrlgk

The flags are 100% identical :frowning:

Can you try to cast from your local device via Symfonium a flac and not from subsonic?

It works with Symfonium when using local and not subsonic. Strange.

Well not that much in the end.

Do you have subsonic logs to see if thereā€™s errors there ?

Iā€™m not sure how to do that. I use Navidrome.

Iā€™m running it inside of a docker container on my Synology NAS. Please give me a sec to get on PC and try the logging commands.

The one I marked in red is when I switch it to cast to my KEFā€™s. The other two are when I still play locally (via built in phone speakers)

Ok so the KEF does try to read the media and itā€™s an issue with navidrome webserver and itā€™s headers.

Are you sure you were able to actually stream to those KEF from navidrome?

Navidrome is based on the subsonic api, I had it added in the Symfonium app as Subsonic Media Provider and I am able to stream it to my dadā€™s speakers downstairs (Lumin). So yes streaming from Subsonic works just not on my KEFā€™s.

Thatā€™s not the question :slight_smile:

The question is did you managed to stream to those KEF from navidrome from any other apps?

The issue does not sounds related to Symfonium but navidrome headers not love by the KEF.

I have not used any other apps other than Symfonium. I know that it works with DS Audio (by Synology) but that is not subsonic based as far as I know.

Actually, I used to use another app called subtracks but streaming to my KEFā€™s did not work there either.

No itā€™s not and the issue sounds specific to navidrome (or more your KEF) not subsonic in general.

Can you try to stream from Kodi or Jellyfin or other providers? Thereā€™s not much possible things possible to workaround this issue.

Aww manā€¦ Navidrome is this only one that offers a nicely looking Spotify lookalike web GUIā€¦ :frowning: the other ones all look so old school and ugly.

On my PC I use Navidrome in my web browser to play music, since thereā€™s no Symfonium desktop app :stuck_out_tongue: I looked for alternatives but theyā€™re all so ugly in my opinion.

Well you can try to contact KEF support and have them fix their firmware :slight_smile: But good luck with that.

Other solution would require adding a reverse proxy and rewrite the headers from navidrome to something that the KEF likes but really advanced and out my support :slight_smile:

Could you please add a toggle in the advanced settings that I can enable? Just warn the end user that it may consume lots of battery. I only really use these speakers at home with wireless chargers nearby so itā€™s not a problem for me if thatā€™s the case. Streaming with local provider instead of Subsonic worked for me so maybe the toggle could download the audio file from subsonic into my phone RAM temporarily and stream it locally from my phone to the speakers?

Itā€™s probably tedious to do but Iā€™d be very thankful. :slight_smile:

(also I opened a KEF support ticket 3 days ago, nothing back from them yetā€¦ But Iā€™ll try :wink: )

Hey there,

Itā€™s been a while and there have been quite a few updates to Symfonium. Iā€™ve tried streaming to my KEF Speakers again and Symfonium actually wakes up my speakers and puts them in DLNA mode now, which it did not before. But the music doesnā€™t play and still gives an error. Aaarggghh! So close!

Iā€™ve attached logs and hope it helps you out :slight_smile:
debug.log (614.4 KB)