Some entries in playlist not showing

Issue description:

I imported a .m3u playlist into Symfonium, which results in a few entries not showing. It seems to be related to the ’ character, but I don’t really now why.

#EXTINF:241,ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin’
…\Z\ZZ Top\Eliminator\01 Gimme All Your Lovin’.flac
#EXTINF:363,Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
…\M\Michael Jackson\Thriller\01 Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’.flac

The ZZ Top entry is visible, but the Michael Jackson one isn’t. I made sure the ’ character in both entries is the same. In Mp3tag and Logitech Media Server, both songs are showing just fine, in Symfonium, only the ZZ Top one is being visible.

Logs:

Upload description: PCSoftware

Additional information:

Latest version of Symfonium
Samba share on a Synology NAS
Playlist created within Mp3tag, but also using Notepad.

Reproduction steps:

Media provider:

Samba

Screenshots:

Are you sure the songs are exactly with that name?

Other songs with ’ are ok and I can see a few songs not imported without ':

('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/M/Michael Jackson/Bad/08 I Just Can't Stop Loving You.flac') [0 in 0.16ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/S/Simple Minds/Don't You (Forget About Me)/01 Don't You (Forget About Me).flac') [0 in 0.06ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/R/Roland Kaiser/Fur Dich/01 Santa Maria.m4a') [0 in 0.06ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/H/Het Goede Doel/Iedereen Is Anders/10 Een Eigen Huis (Alles Kan Een Mens Gelukkig maken) (met Rene Froger).flac') [0 in 0.06ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/L/Lois Lane/Lois Lane/01 It's The First Time.flac') [0 in 0.05ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/Z/Zouk Machine/Maldon/01 Maldon.m4a') [0 in 0.05ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/M/Munchener Freiheit/Romancing In The Dark/03 Play It Cool.m4a') [0 in 0.07ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/F/Fleetwood Mac/Tango in the Night/09 Welcome to the Room... Sara.flac') [0 in 0.05ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/F/Fleetwood Mac/Tango in the Night/10 Isn't It Midnight.flac') [0 in 0.08ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/M/Michael Jackson/Thriller/01 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'.flac') [0 in 0.07ms]
('3','smb://192.168.2.4/MUSIC/W/Weird Al Yankovic/UHF - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff/06 UHF.flac') [0 in 0.07ms]

I ripped my Thriller CD again, named 01 Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’.flac using the ’ character from 01 Gimme All Your Lovin’.flac (which is working) and the file still won’t import. Nothing wrong with the CD (files). It also happens to some files without the ’ character as you say, but I really don’t know why.

The files have a different name in the database so are not found.

Provide logs during a full scan and check the file name in the db with 3 dots details on that song.

Got it, when the songs wouldn’t import the first time, I changed the filenames to make sure all the ’ characters were the right ones, but I forget to synchronize/scan the SMB share after renaming the filenames. Because of this, the files couldn’t be found when importing the .m3u playlist for the second time.

My apologies for this topic, it was my own mistake.