Skipping to last element in queue after unlocking

Issue description:

The app is in foreground, playing music and the screen gets locked. After unlocking, the currently playing song is interrupted and the last element in the queue starts playing.
If only a single song is in queue, nothing happens, playback continues uninterrupted.

Logs:

Upload description: musenjmik

Additional information:

Last element in queue starts playing after unlock, even if the playback was paused before locking.
For a single song in queue it does not continue playback if it was paused before locking.

No weird behavior if the app was in background while locking.

Reproduction steps:

Play Album
Lock Screen
Unlock Screen
Last song in queue starts playing suddenly

For single queue:
Play song (queue size = 1)
Lock screen
Unlock screen
Song continues playing without interruption

Media provider:

Emby

Screenshots:

Next release will have more logs to pinpoint exactly what call the skip command.

Next version is in beta, please join and provide new logs with it.

Thanks, joined beta and uploaded new logs.

So yes the app receive the command to go to the last item via the interface.

I have absolutely no idea what your device is doing here :frowning: I can try to add some more logs for next beta, but without a device to repro it’s more or less random tests.

I found that this bug only appears if the current playing song is the one that got selected actively. Meaning if the queue has advanced to the next element, because the previous playback has finished, the bug won’t appear at unlocking. It will continue playing as expected.

I was wondering for the last days as it sometimes did not occur to me but now I can reproduce. Let me know if should supply another log.

On another note, I don’t know if these are related but I also noticed my smartwatch does not recognize that there is an audio stream playing even though I see it on my phone’s notification bar just fine. So I don’t have control from my watch.
Same with my bluetooth headset. Nothing happens when I try to pause or skip a song from that device.
But I have to say, I haven’t faced this issue with other apps though.
Control from Android Auto worked perfectly fine.

Let me know if I should open another issue for that.

Thanks!

Not sure to understand that part.

For the rest you can open another issue with logs containing the start of the app after a kill.

Just in case can you try to provide logs with beta 2 that 1 more log detail?

Sorry for the very late reply. I provided another log with the case where the song doesn’t skip to last queue element.

Here’s the description:

1. Play a song, lock the phone.
  2. Wait unitl the song finishes and the next track in the queue is being played.
  3. Unlock the phone, the current playing song is not interrupted.
  4. Lock the phone again.
  5. Unlock the phone while the same song that was playing while locking is still in playback. Queue will be skipped to last element again with this unlock.

Well logs makes no sense so I’ll add even more logs for next release and random workaround attempt.

Can you provide new logs with 11.1.0 ?

Uploaded log. Same procedure as previous comment.
Thanks

Well still a mystery, probably a race in Compose code.

I’ll add a stupid workaround that should prevent the skip, but the interface will probably display the wrong image, until Google eventually fix this.