Simply "move" a track from one playlist to another, taking it out of the queue

Feature description

Hi, as I mentioned, we work extensively with our own playlists. We’re coming from Jellyfin + Finamp. The playlists are organized by mood (ascending) and are started in shuffle mode. This fills the queue in random order. If a track is currently playing and I want to move it up or down a playlist, I go to → Add to Playlist and select the desired playlist. However, the dialog closes immediately and I can’t remove the track from the other playlist

I realize this is mainly for audiophiles, but perhaps others might want this kind of functionality as well.

Problem solved

Quickly Edit Playlists

Brought benefits

Quickly move a track from one playlist to another

Other application solutions

In Finamp, I select the desired playlist, the dialog stays open, and then I click once on the playlist where I want to move it and confirm. That was always very easy. Another feature in Finamp (which has many other issues) that’s handled very elegantly is that I could configure in the settings so that the heart icon functions as “Add to Playlist” rather than “Add to Favorites.” Furthermore, the heart icon was also displayed in the queue (on every line), making it very easy and elegant to move a track from 0010: A… to 0015: B…

Device type

Phone

I searched existing feature requests

on

You can change everything in the interface and have an add to playlist btn in the now playing.

For the add to playlist dialog, there’s no function to move or remove from there. Your song can be in a dozen playlists.

Yes, I’ve since figured out how to display the “Add to Playlist” option. The main point of my question—or rather, my feature suggestion—was that I should also be able to remove a track from a playlist in the “Add” dialog. It doesn’t seem to be generating much interest :frowning:

It’s called add that would be really counter intuitive and would make the default action more complex for 99% of the use case.

You could call this function “Add/Remove.” Here’s a very simple example:

A track is playing, and you want to know which playlist it’s in so you can move it to a different one. Here’s what to do:

-> Add to playlist. I can see where it is. I add it to another playlist and then open the playlist it was in. I search for it (among 200–300 tracks in the list) and remove it from that one. In my opinion, this is counterproductive.

Anyway, it seems like I’m the only one who works with playlists this way.