Similar Artists instant mix

Feature description:

Ideally, as first suggested here, I’d like to be able to create instant playlist for “Similar Artists”, just like it’s done in sonixd: when you’re on an artist page, it creates a playlist with songs from this artist, bit also from (last.fm) similar artists, not only based on genre, but also on last.fm tags, which is much broader than genre, but also smarter (imho) for this kind of playlists.

Problem solved:

Not really a problem, but just a lack of a nice-to-have feature

Brought benefits:

when you’re in a mood to listen to music similar to some artists, it’s great

Other application solutions:

sonixd does that. It’s being rewritten as feishin, but since it’s quite in its early state, I don’t know if it’s already available in feishin.

Hi,
I’ve installed the last beta version where this feature is implemented, but I wonder, is it supposed to work with Navidrome?
I’m asking because it seems to be “just” a personal mix based on similar genre

If it answer to the API call yes.

Use radio mix not instant mix.

I used radio mix. But it feels like it’s not working, or just based on genre, not based on last.fm tags like in sonixd

Feel is not something I can deal with.

Provide logs and details.

@tinbapakk again, without logs and details nothing can be done and it will as is in release version …

Sorry about the late response, busy days.

You were right and I was wrong (unless you changed something in the latest beta).
Somehow, when I tried this feature, I picked an artist which, for unknown reasons (really), doesn’t display any similar artists in sonixd (but I wasn’t aware of that at that time).

I tried other ones, and the playlist Symfonium generated were just right :+1:t3:
I tested with one artist that I know for sure only has 3 similar artists in sonixd, and Symfonium generated playlist with tracks from those 3 artists only.

Sorry about that, and thanks for that useful feature :+1:t3:

Nothing was changed, instant mix is the fallback if the server have no data or network errors.