Settings or Config Import/Export option For Backup

Since the app is full of a decent amount of customizing and settings and probably going to gain more over time would there be an easy way to backup the current configuration so I can easily setup my multiple devices a bit faster or restore settings to a device if I had to wipe it for some reason and start over? Not sure how easy or hard this would be BUT I do know you offer this in your other app :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s planned, but still not decided about some details like the playlists format.

1 Like

Similar backup options that you have in YATSE (in terms of cloud save) would be amazing.

Thank you!

There won’t be cloud save, Google mostly prevent apps from using it now unlike in the early days.

Any news on this matter? I would really like to sync playlists and config across my devices

No progress, major new release is coming that takes time.

This feature is complex as playlist are tied to providers that may not be the same, same for options that depends on device and OS versions.

Since the opening of this, dual sync of playlist was enabled so sync of playlists via server do work, playlists shared between devices for local content would most of the time not work as the sdcard mount point would have a different name.

Next version will have settings import / export. More to be added in that function later.

1 Like

Just to chime in on the Playlist backup.

Two other players that I have (and now don’t use - GoneMad / PlayerPro), separate the backup of settings from the playlist backups.

Not sure if you were working toward a single backup that got both (which would be awesome), but letting you know that others have separated it, probably for simplicity sake.

You’re in a whole different world with cloud streaming, as they are both just local players, which I can see would be much more difficult.