Samba and cover art in a jpg file

Feature description:

I have all my music on my NAS with cover art in the file “front.jpg”. I would like to be able to specify which jpg file should be used as cover art. Currently only embedded cover seems to be supported.

Problem solved:

No cover art when using SAMBA (but this could work for WebDAV and cloud services as well)

Brought benefits:

Music from a NAS can be used without needing to retag everything to include embedded cover art.

Other application solutions:

Additional description and context:

Screenshots / Mockup:

Many file names are supported like folder.jpg or album.jpg what tool generate front.jpg image?

They are generated with FastStone Image Viewer. When I enable debug logging I get this:

2024-03-02 22:46:24.555 Verbose/SMB: Filtered: Document(parentUri=smb://10.0.0.3/Music/Country/Cody Canada/2013 - Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two, uri=smb://10.0.0.3/Music/Country/Cody Canada/2013 - Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two/front.jpg, documentId=smb://10.0.0.3/Music/Country/Cody Canada/2013 - Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two/front.jpg, displayName=front.jpg, fileName=smb://10.0.0.3/Music/Country/Cody Canada/2013 - Some Old, Some New, Maybe a Cover or Two/front.jpg, fileExtension=jpg, mimeType=image/jpeg, lastModified=1601719466000, dateAdded=1691924687934, size=507904, libraryId=null, isFolder=false, cueFile=null, lyrics=null)

So the file is filtered out. After your reply I tried album.jpg as well, but that didn’t work either.

It’s not a music file so it’s filtered :stuck_out_tongue: This is unrelated to the issue, will see to add front.jpg and see if there’s an issue with SMB external images.

Ah, okay. :slight_smile:

I did some more tests. I copied some files to my Android device. There it works just fine. It picked up “album.jpg”. It looks to me the problem exists specifically for Samba.

Yes it was actually missing on network/cloud providers will be fixed in next release.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot!

Just updated the app, cleared my cache and all the artwork is there. Awesome, thank you so much!