Add romanized lyrics support for songs with non-Latin scripts. Allow users to toggle between original script lyrics (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) and romanized versions within the lyrics display. This could be implemented by integrating multiple lyrics providers or adding romanization processing to existing lyrics data.
Problem solved:
International music listeners cannot sing along to K-Pop, J-Pop, and other Asian songs because they cannot read the original scripts (Hangul, Kanji, Hiragana, etc.). The current lyrics display only show original scripts, making it impossible for users familiar with the Latin alphabet to sing along.
Brought benefits:
Enhances accessibility for international music fans who love Asian music but can only read Latin scripts, and fans wanting to sing along. Improves user engagement and makes Symfonium more competitive with features that major streaming platforms lack.
You can already achieve this result if you’re willing to alter your .lrc files.
If you have synced lyrics in the original language and an unsynced translation, you can use this little script to merge them into a single .lrc file that follows:
[01:23.456]Original Language line
Translated Language line
Both of these would then be highlighted at the same time.
The script only works if the line counts match exactly.
Do also note that not all players support such multi-line lyrics tho.
This would be a nice feature to have. Another app that I use, Metrolist, does this and I love it.
I know the proper solution is to translate the source music file lyrics. But hey, not everyone has a super nicely organised music library and in those cases, this would be a good fallback.
+1. Another player I’m using on PC, feishin, recently implemented this feature and I have to say that it’s life changing for libraries that have many non-latin script songs.