ReplayGain Support

Would you consider adding ReplayGain support? ReplayGain is a standard for track metadata that can be used for volume normalization. Scanning for ReplayGain would be out of scope, I am only requesting reading and using the metadata if it already exists.

Here’s the documentation for the ReplayGain specification, the TL;DR relevant sections will be “Metadata format” and “Player requirements”: ReplayGain 2.0 specification - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase

To summarize: would it be possible to read the REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN, REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK, REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN, REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK metadata keys and apply volume adjustments based on them?

Currently no supported media provider expose those values via their API.

At least in the case of Subsonic, the original audio file is served, meaning the metadata is still intact. The Subsonic client DSub supports ReplayGain. I would imagine the same applies to Plex, since Plexamp supports ReplayGain. As for the other providers, I don’t have experience with them to know.

As written in other comments metadata extraction from the files is out of scope of Symfonium.
The data is returned from each providers API.
Subsonic for sure does not expose any data.
I’ll check again how Plexamp does it but if it does the media analysis itself and does not get it from Plex then not possible.

Edit: This was implemented long ago.