Removing duplicates from the generated playlist

Feature description

The smart playlist based on Plex’s sonic analysis works well, but as you can see in the attached screenshot, there are duplicates. It makes sense, generally speaking, since the songs are similar, but the issue is that they are actually the same tracks—just different versions or from different albums (e.g., standard vs. deluxe). It would be great if there were some kind of filtering before adding them to the queue to prevent adding a similar-sounding track by the same artist.

Problem solved

There won’t be identical songs right next to each other, because it simply doesn’t sound good when the same thing plays several times in a row.

Brought benefits

better musical experience

Device type

Phone

Screenshots / Mockup

I searched existing feature requests

on

Provide proper logs.

I sent these logs from the application level

Proper logs reproducing the issue :slight_smile:

Enable logs, start a playback generating that kind of result then upload with details about the songs in that queue that are supposedly identical.

I’ve sended you a new portion of logs with this issue