Remote control from one instance of Symfonium to another?

Hello @medoc, I have to say I have overlooked this use case. I thought that the scenarios involving the windows capture driver were the only real use-case scenario. I will have a more in-depth look when possible.
Thank you

1 Like

A killer feature would be being able to specify sender/receiver relationships in the .env file. I don’t know if that can be done tho.
Something general like SONGCAST_MODE = Receiver/Sender
or specifying receivers by IP would be really cool.

Hello, do I need some Linn hardware in order to effectively test this new hypothetical feature?
I don’t even have any old version of the Windows Capture Driver.
It would be difficult for me to make changes I cannot test, unless the changes are limited to setting some values in the configuration file.

About binaries, I went to this page, but the windows link is dead.

Let me know your thoughts, cheers

I have not followed everything here, but I’d love a solution where I can cast to upnp to a master unpnpmpdli and it sync somehow with other devices.

1 Like

Hello Tolriq, I believe this can already be done using SnapCast, however I have zero experience on this solution.
You can have one upmpdcli connected to the mpd and then connect multiple streaming clients.
At least this seems possible looking at the project page.
This is something I have been wanting to try for a long time. Maybe it’s time to experiment a little :slight_smile:

Sounds that I lack time to look into that as it does not sound trivial :frowning:

1 Like

I have an update concerning the 24/96 playback issues. Turns out that the first (and only) 24/96 track my sister tried was the culprit.
Her boyfriend bought a pi zero 2 W which also refused to play through it. However my raspberry pi 3b+ played it just fine multiple times.

On a hunch I recompressed the entire album with the latest flac encoder and after that, both the pi zero 2 W as well as the pi zero 1.1 W played with no issues.
Since there were no decoding errors while recompressing (with --verify) the file was fine, but there was something about it the pi zeroes apparently did not like.
Just to be sure we also tried playing back a 5.5MBit/s 24/192 song on the pi zero 1.1W which it also handled flawlessly.

That doesn’t sound too hard to configure (bare metal that is, I don’t know about docker). One thing that throws me off a bit is that you have to decide on a fixed bit depth, sampling rate and channel number for the named pipe, so a mixed quality library will often end up resampled.

However I don’t know if SongCast doesn’t also share this limitation.

Hello, I believe having a fixed sample rate and bit depth, in this scenario, is not a real problem. If you are doing critical listening, you are probably not moving around the house.
I mean, having a “snapcast” enabled player does not preclude to have another bitperfect player, maybe on the same device with a little diy.

Let me know what you think, cheers