Playlist sort options

Feature description:

Additional playlist sort modes would be great to have. The mode I’d like to request is sort by creation/import time. This would help navigate the playlists for a large library.

Problem solved:

I don’t think there’s a way to see what playlists were imported recently. This makes it necessary to remember recent library additions to be able to listen to them locally, favorite them, or download them.

Brought benefits:

Better discoverability in a large library.

Other application solutions:

Other applications support a variety of sort modes, and some go a step further with folders and custom ordering.

Note also, syncing a playlist without any changes puts it at the top of the last modified list. That doesn’t seem right. I can send a separate bug report for that if desired.

Well pretty sure your hand made server does not return the changed value for the playlists.

So many issues with your server :wink:

It does now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I implemented that after you recommended it!

Then open an issue with logs if it sends the proper value.

debug-20230909_160255.zip (64.5 KB)

It would also be really cool to be able to sort by last played.

2023-09-09 16:02:20.967 T:SubsonicLogger
← [907] 404 Not Found http://pithos:3027/rest/star.view?albumId=spotify:album:0B0pnJCB4ECF12VNo49p6g&u=REDACTED&t=REDACTED&s=REDACTED&v=1.13.0&c=Symfonium&f=json (657ms, 0-byte body)

You still have no added the star endpoint. This kills your battery as it tries to update the favorites quite often.

For the modified, well you are forcing a sync. So technically the playlist is modified since it’s forced. What kind of Playlist is it? (read only / online first / …)

I haven’t :frowning: That’s up next.

This is for a read only playlist that hasn’t changed on the server.

You can just return a static dummy json file to avoid the retries.

I’ll see to use the server modified version even when you force a sync. Let’s hope some servers do not return invalid data that will cause other side effects.