Playing / Showing wrong track

Issue description:

While shuffling one of my playlists today I noticed that sometimes the Now Playing screen shows a different song and cover from what’s actually playing. The duration of the track however matches with the actually playing track.
I haven’t found a reliable way to reproduce the issue so far, but it seems like it only happens with a single track, and then the next track is shown correctly again (which makes it hard to capture logs ^^).
It seems like either the shown track is the next track i the queue, or the current track is played twice, while the displayed track advances normally according to the queue.

I’ve had the issue happen both while listening via bluetooth headphones and while streaming to Kodi, but it seems like the issue occurs more often in combination with Kodi.

Logs:

debug-20220812_222441.zip (101.3 KB)

At the start of the logs the wrong song is shown, but I didn’t manage to capture Symfonium changing to that track. I think I got lucky at the end though, where “I Hope You Know” was playing but “Do It To It (Habstrakt Remix)” was shown instead. Not totally sure though, as I wasn’t even trying to reproduce the issue anymore and only noticed it afterwards.

Screenshots:

Playing track was “Hot In It (…)”, which has a duration of 3:04:

Here you can see that the displayed duration does indeed not match the displayed track. “Replay” should be 4:01:

The queue shows both the wrong track and wrong duration, probably because the duration is not coming from the audio engine but instead from the track’s meta info:

Will be hard to figure out without logs that contains the start of the wrong track playing in it or a repro.

With that said:
It seems like either the shown track is the next track i the queue, or the current track is played twice, while the displayed track advances normally according to the queue.

If you could confirm that the same tracks plays twice or not would be a hint already.

I think both happened, but I will keep out an eye for this.

I noticed something strange under AA where the Track didn’t have any album art, so it was showing the grey square but then it would show a random cover art for about 10 seconds, then go back to the grey square, then show another random cover art for 10 seconds or so. It did this for a few minutes until it settled down, was pretty cool :slight_smile:

Not sure if logs help at all, was a DJ Zinc track, today 14/08 around 9ish

debug-20220814_150353.zip (666.4 KB)

1.6.0 have a small race on media session, could be the cause even if no idea why it would do that many times.

No worries, I’ve installed 1.7 will let you know if it reappears Thanks

@Tolriq this is still happening for me on version 5.1.0.

To reproduce:

1. Open the app
  2. Pick an album from Recent Albums on main page
  3. Play the first track of the album
  4. When the first track finishes and the second track starts to play both the queue and the current track views incorrectly show that the first track started playing from the start again.

When doing the above I’m casting the playback to a UPnP device.
I’ve repeated the above procedure several times as described, with the same result of the app displaying the wrong track every time.

Open your own issue with logs and be sure to be at 5.2 version.