New trial user can't login to SWAG/nginx subfolder for navidrome

Issue description:

Pretty much the title. I know I have the reverse proxy working right as I can get to it from my web browser and I’m copy pasting the username and password that works in that browser to the app and it keeps giving me wrong login or password.

Logs:

Upload description: Glynax

Additional information:

Just a new user trying to get everything set up. I changed the password a few times because I thought maybe the app didn’t like how long it was but even a 4 character password errors. My firewall isn’t blocking it either.

Reproduction steps:

Media provider:

Subsonic

Screenshots:

Well I don’t know what to tell more than the logs here:

2024-03-06 17:30:33.954 Verbose/SubsonicLogger: --> [257] GET https://xxxxx/navidrome/rest/ping.view?u=REDACTED&t=REDACTED&s=REDACTED&v=1.13.0&c=Symfonium&f=json
2024-03-06 17:30:34.229 Verbose/SubsonicLogger: <-- [257] 200  https://xxxxx/navidrome/rest/ping.view?u=REDACTED&t=REDACTED&s=REDACTED&v=1.13.0&c=Symfonium&f=json (273ms, unknown-length body)
2024-03-06 17:30:34.230 Verbose/SubsonicLogger: <-- [257] {"subsonic-response":{"status":"failed","version":"1.16.1","type":"navidrome","serverVersion":"0.51.1 (6d253225)","openSubsonic":true,"error":{"code":40,"message":"Wrong username or password"}}}

Your server reject the username or the password. All I can imagine is that you use some kind of special character that miss the encoding somehow.

Alright that got me on the right track. Changed to a secure passphrase instead with just numbers and letters and I’m signed in thank you :slight_smile:
For reference this was the last password that did not work, I use bitwarden to generate my passwords B3H5hVNpLNX2KbFNT67jWT*GkmxCadqS%w!psu#UqjB2uDwrunmsZg%RDULqfqw6

I can log without any issue with that password on Navidrome.

The password is sent as salted md5 so sounds like your proxy modify things in the middle?

I’m not sure honestly. I copied my NGINX config off of a blog I found online.