Multi-select Albums for offline bulk download

Just wanted to say this app is great and thank you for providing a trial!

Feature description:

1. I would like to be able to hold and select multiple albums from the album view or favorite album view and select an option to add the albums selected to my offline cache.

2. Just another small request, it would be nice to have a little icon to show which media is available offline in bother album and song view. (maybe a download icon?)

Problem solved:

This is with a subsonic sever if that matters (navidrome).

1. Currently, I use a smart playlist with the favorite filter to auto cache all my favorite songs but because subsonic treats favorite albums and songs differently the playlist doesn’t added favorite albums so I have to download them manually. The ability to multi select albums (and songs if possible) to cache them would be great since my main use is offline.

Brought benefits:

1. I think being able to mulit-select albums to download would be useful to everyone, it makes it faster or easier to bulk download media for offline use.

Other application solutions:

1. I haven’t used many other subsonic client apps, I think dsub does this but I’m not sure.

Duplicate of many :slight_smile:

You can enable the option to auto cache Favorite in the settings and it will cache your favorites albums, so problem solved.

Long press is used for drag and drop to play.

And you can already see the song synced status by changing the song additional information 1 or 2 in the settings.

Are you running on Linux? How familiar are you with navidrome and sql?

I run a SQL script hourly that puts favourite songs, albums and artists into a single playlist that is then read by navidrome.

Let me know if you’re interested, and we can continue the conversation over on the navidrome reddit.

Cheers

Really there’s an option to auto cache the favorites :slight_smile:

But that makes me think I could also add 2 new smart filter rules album is favorite and artist is favorite to cover this .

Hi Tolriq,

Now that you’ve added the “Favourite Artist” & “Favourite Album” to the smart filter rules, I have created a smart playlist to show all favourites but it doesn’t seem to work as I expected.

Ultimately, I want my Favourites (artist, album or song) to automatically be available offline. What is your recommended approach?

• In “Advanced Settings”, activate “Automatic offline cache of favourite albums and songs” (is artist missing BTW?)
  • Create a smart playlist that uses Favourites (artist, album or song), but don’t cache it (I am assuming that the automatic offline cache does this?
  • in any case, this approach has been unsuccessful in my testing

OR

• In “Advanced Settings”, de-activate “Automatic offline cache of favourite albums and songs”
  • Create a smart playlist that uses Favourites, but “Enable auto offline cache”
  • haven’t tested this yet, but based on my previous experience this would work

Also, my testing shows that “Favourite Album” will filter albums that have favourite tracks, not be a favourite album. For example, “Come As You Are” is a favourite, but “Smells Like Teen Spirirt” isn’t a favourite but all tracks on “Nevermind” are picked up in the filter.

I have also found that the “Favourite” rule doesn’t work, but trying to give you a good example before I raise a case.

If there is some way I can provide logs for these types of issues, please let me know.

Just open issues and follow the template to provide the logs.

And yes you need to use your second approach, creating a playlist without enabling cache does nothing.

And it’s also normal that a filter on favorite album only account the album being a favorite, an album having a favorite song is not a favorite album.

So please open issue for :

• Now that you’ve added the “Favourite Artist” & “Favourite Album” to the smart filter rules, I have created a smart playlist to show all favourites but it doesn’t seem to work as I expected.
  • I have also found that the “Favourite” rule doesn’t work, but trying to give you a good example before I raise a case.

And yes you need to use your second approach

• done, and it’s working as expected

, creating a playlist without enabling cache does nothing.

• if the Favourites are being cached, shouldn’t a playlist just use the cached Favourites? If not, then why have the setting “Automatic offline cache of favourite albums and songs”?

And it’s also normal that a filter on favorite album only account the album being a favorite, an album having a favorite song is not a favorite album.

• Just tried my Nirvana test, and it worked as you expected. Doh! I will raise a ticket when I get a good example with logs

I will continue to say this - thanks for your great work and responsiveness