Impossible to seek songs when playing through UPNP/DLNA

Issue description:

I use the app to play MP3 stored on my phone through my Yamaha amp using UPNP/DLNA.
When playing a song, seeking is not working correctly.
Few seconds agter moving the progress bar, it is comming back to the current position without moving through the song.
Likewise, the -10s and +30s buttons are not working

Logs: (2,3 Ko)

The logs does not contains everything :frowning:

You need to enable logs before selecting the renderer.

For the record a few devices do not support seeking via UPnP and not much I can do. (Yamaha N602 was the last reported to me for example)

Thanks for your quick respond.
I will do a new log export tonight
For info, my amp is a RX-V6A.
Seeking is possible via BubbleUPnP, so I think it should be possible for symfonium to do it.

Bubble have many fixes/workaround for broken devices. If you can provide their logs too it will help.

I don’t see how to generate the logs.
If you know how, tell me and I will attached them.

I also tried an app called Hi-fi cast and seeking in the song was possible.
That’s why i sure symfonium should be able to also do it

Settings / Control / Logging to file In Bubble

Here is the updated log for symfonium : (1001,7 Ko)

I also attached the logs for bubble and hifi cast:
upnp-log.txt (432,8 Ko) (72,8 Ko)

Ok thanks, so another kind of broken devices, does not seems to support fractions in seek but unable to return an error and just fails internally…

Next release will remove the fractional part, leading to exact same commands as hifi cast, so should work :slight_smile:

Ok thanks ! :+1:

Can’t wait for the new release then !


Sadly the new version did not solve the problem and i’m still not able to seek through the song via UPNP.
Here are the logs if it can be of any help : (19,2 Ko)
Any idea how to solve that ?

No idea, try to change the upnp alternative flag option in settings. After that no idea. (Force close the app after changing or be sure to stop casting then cast again)

Ok, i’ll try that
Hope it will work ! :crossed_fingers:

I tried your advice but it did not work.
However I noticed a strange thing.
If I start playing a song via another app (like music cast which is the official app for Yamaha amp), I can then seek through the song in symfonium
Looks like the problem do not come from seeking but from the way symfonium start playing the song (20,9 Ko)
Here are the logs if it can be of any help

I would need logs from bubble / hifi for the exact same file to compare, but there’s no different ways to start media.

So it’s either the flags that are different but it does not seem so. Or some headers from the web server that your device have issues with.

Sorry for the late feedback.
Here are the two logs of Symfonium and Bubble for the same song: (79,5 Ko) (26,1 Ko)

The funny thing is that :

  • If I start playing a song via Bubble, I’m able to seek it with bubble and symfonium
  • If i start playing a song via symfonium, I can’t seek through the song, whatever the app

Hum can you send me that exact file so I can try to reproduce? The Bubble logs does not contains the webserver headers.

Edit: I’ve sent you a test APK in PM.

+1 for a solution of that. I use an N803D and experience similiar problems.

Seeking is not so important for me, but without it Symfonium won’t report plays back to (in my case) Navidrome server, which also affects Scrobbling and so on.

Huge fan of Symfonium so far. So I sit tight and hope for a fix. :innocent:

Seeking have nothing to do with reporting playback.

Open your own issue with proper logs and details.

I don’t want to fork this issue here. But I hold back with my report as other UPnP/DLNA targets (e.g. Kodi) which have a working seeking also report back songs just fine to Navidrome. Chances are that both can be fixed by the same problem.

You already have given out a test APK, so I won’t bother you with additional logs until you request me to deliver them :slight_smile:

… I really don’t understand people …

Your receiver is different, your issue issue is different…

You are bothering me a lot more by ignoring what I write and not opening your own issue for your specific issue…

so I won’t bother you with additional logs until you request me to deliver them

I just did…