Horizontal Tab on bottom for Radio Head Units

Feature description:

Being able to set vertical or horizontal main tab from setting instead of be selected by device. On mobile, it seems to be located horizontal on bottom. For tablets, it seems to be located vertical on the left (for both, portrait or horizontal view).

Update: it seems that current setting for tab, it works properly on mobile. On my tablet and HRU it doesn’t change tab orientation when changing from vertical to horizontal. Everything changes but tab which stay on the left side on vertical.

Problem solved:

When you use symfonium on radio head unit, the screen is basically embedded in car’s dashboard making hard to press soft button which are located on the bottom area (now playing or scrolling to see queue playlist from now playing). Android navigation buttons are on top.

Horizontal Tab look height enough for touching its soft buttons. With that, you can touch and scroll over it easier for others functions (now playing or scrolling for check current queue playlist).

Brought benefits:

In radio head units based on Android (they work like tablets), it would be a good option to set them with horizontal tabs so it seems easier for me to navigate through all sections.

Screenshots / Mockup:

Screenshot from tablet, vertical set:

Please provide logs and screen shots of your device, the position is respecting Android recommendation.

If the head unit buttons are over the mini player it’s a bug to be fixed or workarounded if your head unit does not respect Android.

Here it is a screenshot from HRU running Android 10.

Then provide a photo so I can see the issue.

All seems ok here.

You can set portrait orientation (so expecting the app to force it the same way it apply for mobile) and it doesn’t change. Tab buttons remain in vertical, when, on mobile, they go to the bottom and the tab switch to horizontal.

You are hard to follow …

Your issue is :slight_smile:

When you use symfonium on radio head unit, the screen is basically embedded in car’s dashboard making hard to press soft button which are located on the bottom area (now playing or scrolling to see queue playlist from now playing). Android navigation buttons are on top.

Can you show me this ?

Your solution to this problem is not a proper solution, so no I won’t add a wrong workaround to your broken device issue.