[FILE MODE] show original file name instead of tag

The reason to use file mode may be incomplete or broken tag info, therefore, the ability to check the original folder and file names is very important. Also, it’s FILE mode…
if I want to use tag info, why go file mode?

Ha the joy of nice user that write nice messages …

What about I don’t know start by giving the necessary details like your MEDIA PROVIDER …

I apologized that I assumed that showing the original folder file name is not implemented is a feature not implemented. Therefore I assume that the original post would be enough to describe a request for a common feature.

I am using a Jellyfin server.

The original file structure

─[WEB][141228][ALBUM][HOME][Before The Night][FLAC](bandcamp)
        cover.png
        HOME - Before The Night - 01 We're Finally Landing.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 02 Synchronize.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 03 Overflow.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 04 Without A Sound.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 05 Above All.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 06 Pyxis.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 07 Before The Night.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 08 If I'm Wrong.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 09 Nosebleed.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 10 Sun.flac
        HOME - Before The Night - 11 Sleep.flac

And what I get on the app, the folder name and file name is replaced by the album name and track title.
I also upload a video. deleted (no longer needed).

What I want is to browse with the original folder and file names.

I’m displaying what the API returns. I’ll see if I can hack something from the data for Jellyfin.

Oh it’s jellyfin’s issue…
I am sorry for my misassumption.

I just tried kodi and it gives the original folder and file names.

Hi @Tolriq,
Has anything changed? I’m using 2.1.0 and actually want the other behavior where it show track title instead of raw filename. I have tried both jellyfin and emby, the behavior is consistent, both showing raw filename. Once the album is queued up they show track title just fine.
If you happened to know there’s a parameter somewhere I can change this would be highly appreciated, thanks.

This is not possible, you usually use file mode when your tags are wrong. What is your actual need?

There’s many ways to more efficiently browse your data.

I have a mixed of properly tagged albums and ones without. All of them are sorted in folder structure, one album per folder.
I can see many benefits of moving away to album based and not rely on folders… slowly converting them bit by bit but this is pretty what I have to work with for now.

Then sorry but you are in the default case of bad tags use file mode.
This means file name is the majority winner here and I won’t add an option just for that.

Most of the time you have either proper filename or proper tags.

I think would be a nice consideration for having the feature.
Sometimes, especially with music in different languages, it’s not easy to get tags all perfect; as a result, searching and grouping doesn’t ends up being a bit of a mess.
I appreciate the fact that there’s a file mode support but I imagine it wouldn’t hurt to enhance it further, chances are i’m not the only user having this issue.

File mode does not allow 90% of Symfonium features and does not really make sense by itself. Many other apps can do that.

Not all providers offer both data, leading to support increase.

If you use file mode you know what you want and where it is. Tag that are not perfect brings nothing in that case while file name works all the time.