Failing to sync with navidrome

App version

Production

Issue description

I cannot complete a sync with Navidrome(0.63.2). After pressing sync, the application crashes during syncing of the “Tracks” portion. It gets to about 900K+ songs and slows down until the application crashes.

Device type

Phone

Media provider

Navidrome

Steps to reproduce

  1. Open Sync Manager
  2. Press Sync
  3. Observe

Additional information

I have been getting around this by uninstalling the application and restoring from backup (with or without restoring Tag cache and User data). The sync then completes after about an hour.

I do not enjoy this method as configured auto downloads are not preserved across backups.

I searched existing issues first

on

I understand that logs are mandatory

on

Log upload name / description

arandomusername

There’s no logs uploaded …

I uploaded twice and the file is 2.1 gigs which contains the full sync cycle. Not sure how to verify it is actually uploaded after using the in-app upload portal.

okay now I see the 100mb error. What do I need to do?

Do what the message says and the help and manually upload to https://upload.symfonium.app

Of course zipping before would be best.

I’ve uploaded the zipped log with description ‘arandomusername’

Update to 15.1.0 beta 2 see changelog and test again.

It crashed again, although I suspect another issue is at play that will take me being in a stable environment to analyze and identify. I will attempt another test in a couple of hours. I uploaded the most recent zipped log with description ‘arandomusername’

This is the second crash using the beta build. I’ve controlled for what I thought caused the first crash. Uploaded the full log, zipped.

Does it always happen at the same time ? And does it happen without debug mode on at the same time too ?

Just about. I’ve observed the crash happen around 900K tracks synced without debug and near the very end at about 1.5mil with debug on.

Also, If I am actively utilizing the app while the Track sync is at 900K plus, audio over bluetooth gets variably choppy and the UI isn’t as responsive.

Can you try 15.1.0 beta 3 ?

The new version just completed its sync, thank you Tolriq!

How long does the sync take with Navidrome? I’ve “only” got a bit under 1.1mil tracks and use epoupon/lms. Lms scans for changes in 5ish minutes and syncs to Symfonium in 15-25minutes. Been ages since I last tested Navidrome.

Just over 1 hour as opposed to the previous ~6hr a couple of Navidrome versions back.

Thanks for the info. Before lms I used jellyfin and that also took 50min-over an hour. How’s the memory footprint of navidrome with your collection size? Lms usually stays below 1gb RAM usage for me.

Long run, it averages ~450MB and no higher than 600 during upgrades