Change app language

You have a particular view of the world, but then again everyone does.

I think that what really bugged me is that never had I received a reply from a dev with such contempt. And again, I understand (partially) how a 1-star review might be considered rude, but not necessarily understand how you don’t see that the way you reply to it is nothing but a personal choice and not some grand strategy that you try to justify with numbers in your write up.

Just last month, Goggle Drive Sync app, I gave 1 or 2 star review. Dev replied to it normally, like “e-mail me details, etc”. E-mailed him back explaining with more than 350 characters, he explained to me that I was missing something (can’t remember), I corrected the review to 4-star because there was still something not right with the autostart, he replied again to the edited review, then I explained further over e-mail, he told me it was OS functionality to not autostart an app upon restart after it was manually killed. I corrected the review and 5-star. The process took less than 20 minutes combined over 24 hours.

I’m not justifying the shit that I said in this forum, I know it was bad. But trying to justify to me your reply to my review leaves little faith in seeing eye to eye on the user-dev relation and actually explains the whole thing.

Again the numbers after 12 years on Play Store now does not lie.

I do not make human psychology, I do not make the rules, they are what they are and I adapt to that.

The way I do it works, if I want a better app for the actual users, it’s important that I got useful information, so I do what I have to do to.

Does it generate a few case like you, or some others that read all the reviews and only read the bad and not all the normal reviews that thanks me for the support, yes it’s documented.

Does writing that document serves a purpose, yes it recover 1 to 10% of those users. So on the long run it have it’s purpose.

In the end, the number of positive ratings and thanks by users vastly outweigh everything, I could and should just ignore the ratings on Play Store like 90% of the devs, but as I’m comited to have perfect apps, I still try :wink:

I don’t doubt the numbers, but I very much doubt the conclusions.

If it were the case it would be the gold-standard, yet I don’t see it, most devs I come across are polite in interactions. And I certainly never seen this theory of reverse-psychology pushed as something worthy of emulation.

Anyway, there’s no point in debating this longer than it already has. If the strategy works for you, well I guess you should keep at it. It’s a bit like ads, they only work for you if you’re the target audience, and I clearly ain’t, and that’s fine; no one will lose sleep over it.

No but we both lost a shit ton of time for no purpose :wink:

That - is - true - indeed

And it’s not gold standard because it’s ballsy and not everyone can assume that + the big cultural thing that is America with customer king pushed to it’s paroxysm. But that’s another story.

Can’t wait for the cultural revolution and see customers being dragged in the mud in Yelp reviews, something which is akin to Google Play, but with much more immediate repercussions in businesses where customers hold a virtual gun over businesses in a sense. Yes, I can see your point, but the over-saturation of American culture (good & bad) is here to stay imo.

Ratings are a complex thing, anonymous ratings gives power to the users who often abuse it, specially in the US.

At the same time there’s no easy solution, moderation does not work and require too much workforce. Moderation by the seller can’t work too as abuse in the other side.

So what? No more anonymous and sellers being able to rate the users, abuse in the other side, or social ratings like what is happening in china, or what US does with the credit score.

There’s not much solution, I would have thought that education would have solved this with time, but the more time pass, the less educated people are, internet did not reached it’s purpose of easy access to science and information to make people smart, it made them more dumb.

Anyway TL;DR do not bad rate apps for no reason, most of the indie devs answer by mail or have other communication ways.

Yes, anonymity is an issue, seems to have more downsides than upsides.

Anyway, I see we’re entering a loop again, let’s break;

Kotlin for ever no more ; anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

With that said I doubt you’ll use the app or want to contribute. But as a final word for the others a reminder that translations are crowdsourced.

https://translation.symfonium.app/

I mean, just Python really :slight_smile:

I hate python I have to maintain a Kodi addon in that it’s a pain :frowning: