CDs sorted wrong (Google). Two CD mixed in one

Issue description:

I have some almost identical albums in my cloud, distinguished only by the folder name and some tags like MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID, RELEASEDATE and some other tags. These albums are not displayed as separate albums, but as one album.

I have the options: Folder, MusicBrainz ID and Year activated. In e.g. Plex I see each CD displayed separately.

I have the ID “e82b3696-42dd-32c5-9684-94020a47bac0” for CD #1
and ID “db658982-db80-4564-ac83-24f6b728b448” for CD #2
The folder names are:
“[2004-09,2005] American Idiot (Japanese Edition)”
and second
“[2004-09] American Idiot” .

Both folders are located in the parent folder “Green Day”.

Logs:

Upload description: Sts…

Additional information:

Reproduction steps:

Media provider:

Any provider

Screenshots:

I can’t reproduce with fake tags, can you please upload the first song of 2 different merged albums?

Here is the link to various sample files: 18.33 MB folder on MEGA

Ok so your tags are not valid, from a quick search seems that’s foobar that write those non standard

The MBID is tagged as ----:com.apple.iTunes:MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID when then real tag is ----:com.apple.iTunes:MusicBrainz Album Id

Same for most of the iTunes one.

There’s also a small bug on my side with GDrive and folder split, but the main issue here is non standard tags.

Anyway I’ll add support for those as I guess others can use foobar :frowning:

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that Foobar interprets and writes some tags in its own way. I and certainly all other Foobar users are certainly very grateful for “Anyway I’ll add support for those as I guess others can use foobar”.

Just in case can you upload a test file with like all the possible foobar tags so I can see all of them ?

I’m not sure if the individual ID3 tags are standard, but here are some examples:

This link may be more helpful:
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:ID3_Tag_Mapping

Thanks will look into them.

And no that page does not describe the non standard they use :frowning:

So thanks again for the new files added support for like 20 variant of tags they use …

Next release should now extract the same amount of tags as if they were tagged with more common tags.

1 Like