Cancel/Pause sync or Only delete entries upon user command

Feature description:

I’d like to request either one of the following:

1. When a sync has started, the user can cancel it as it has never been performed, or pause it so the user can resume it from where it is paused.
  2. If a song is not found in the sync, instead of deleting it from the library right away, keep it in the library until the user chooses to clean the library

Problem solved:

I am using Onedrive as my provider. Usually, a sync takes ~20 min, and a full sync would take a couple of hours depending on the network.
I noticed that if the app was killed during a sync, or there was a network problem (for example, when I go out and there is a short break when switching from wifi to mobile network), the sync will be incomplete.
I have ~8000 songs in my library, and if the sync is halted at, say, around 1000 songs, I’ll lose the data for the rest 7000. The tags can be recovered by another sync (though time-consuming), but data like fav and play count will be lost unless I do an export before the sync – Even if I do, there is no easy way to recover that data in Symfonium right now.

Because of this, I disabled auto-sync and must think twice when syncing. Last week, I switched to another app for a minute during the sync, and my phone killed Symfonium. I lost most of my data. It was really frustrating.

Brought benefits:

Lower the risk of losing data. I can do a sync when I want to.

Other application solutions:

I believe Cloudplayer does something like 2. They have a “Clean ghost items” option in the menu.

Additional description and context:

Screenshots / Mockup:

1 Like

This should not happen no, please open a proper issue with logs.

And:

Last week, I switched to another app for a minute during the sync, and my phone killed Symfonium. I lost most of my data. It was really frustrating.

Is your phone not respecting Android standard see https://dontkillmyapp.com/

For the sync, I’ve observed the same behavior (incomplete library) when a sync was halted. I did not know it was not expected. I just got the logs and will post the issue.

For the apps getting killed, I locked Symfonium (on OnePlus phones, this helps prevent apps from getting killed) following the guide, but it seemed to be unlocked before I realized it, perhaps during a reboot. I guess there is not much I can do about it.