Better / different app icon?

Note that I can provide the icon in different colors of your choice, in SVG, PNG, any image format , with transparent background, and you can even ask for a modified shape :slight_smile:

JP

Do you have any opinion ? ā€¦

I do but currently this is not really the point :frowning:

I think those are just IMO worse version of the current one, but the current issue is that while a few people do not like current icons, none have offered more details about what they donā€™t like and proposals.

So the time is currently more to gather feedback from users to get a direction to were the icon should go that directly say yes itā€™s the icon needed. (Unless of course someone cames directly with something that I fall in love with)

When 1.10 is out of beta hopefully more people see the call in the changelog and discussion will start.

As for things about the current icon that arenā€™t great:

• the ā€œSā€ doesnā€™t look good/modern at all
  • the signal / frequency graph on top is very thin
  • the colors are very bold and there is a stark contrast, too much imo
  • the design of the icon does not reflect the design language of the app

Hope that provides some insight :slight_smile:

I agree that the icon could use some changes as well. It was actually the only thing I didnā€™t enjoy and didnā€™t think it fit for such a great app. I was happy you gave everyone the ability to remove the icon in settings and the widget but would absolutely add them back if something new was introduced. I wish I was good at this stuff because I would absolutely try to offer something myself.

I guess for me the 2 things that stand out are the colors, the red is way to bright and feels to intense and out of place compared to every other app icon. and 2nd it just seems to busy, bold lines for the S should be softer and the wave should be less and more minimalistic if thatā€™s even possible? Basically what the last post was stating is dead on. I love the Yatse icon btw so maybe something more in that direction?

Thoughts?

Thanks, icon should not require a background to work in most case, but itā€™s definitively a small improvement about current one that might worth looking into.

Iā€™m currently in touch with a designer and hope to be able to show something soon

Alright nice! I figured this thread originally was about the app icon on the home screen (not the logo in and of itself) looking a bit outdated, due to the color scheme i think. I thought making it have gradient background against white logo might make the app icon look a bit more ā€œmodernā€. Of course the new icon would also work fine without a background, just like the current one.
SkƤrmbild frƄn 2022-10-27 11-05-57

Personally Iā€™m not a fan of gradients. With that said, those are still improvements over the actual and could still be used depending on how it goes.

Ok so hereā€™s a first glimpse as to where the icon will probably go. Please give feedback and all the feelings you might have, color is not final either.

Please note that this work is currently copyrighted by/to the designer so itā€™s not to be reused.

1 Like

Yes i think its visually pleasing to look at, also color is nice. Just one thought, it doesnt necessarily look like a music app, more like a logo for a company. Maybe something to think about.

Itā€™s made of 2 notes, this should be indicative itā€™s related to music.

1 Like

BTW I will probably offer a setting to choose the icon, so if you want I can add your variation as an option.

Oh, now I see itā€¦ :sweat_smile: Also if youā€™re adding the other icon as well, I can send a svg file, is that fine? Where should I send it in that case?

You can upload here, yes an optimized SVG (So not a 150k path file) is fine.

Just needs to be in a square viewport of reasonable size (max 512)

And if you have an idea for the name in the list :stuck_out_tongue:

You can upload here, yes an optimized SVG (So not a 150k path file) is fine.

Just needs to be in a square viewport of reasonable size (max 512)

And if you have an idea for the name in the list :stuck_out_tongue:

symfonium.zip (11.9 KB) I included a couple of variations.
No clue about the nameā€¦