I am getting a backup error. But I am getting a actual file which works but not I wanted to be included.
I selected every option and hit backup, but what I don’t get when I restore is the custom Playlist images & Gif (Gif’s are working fine in app, no problem on this) are not backedup. I put so much amount of time and effort on collecting them. And fiel size is too small. I did select all before and fiel size is upto 900Mb. Iam expecting more than that this time but I is only 238kb.
Please help.
Device type
Phone
Media provider
Google Drive
Steps to reproduce
Open - settings
Go to - backup & restore
Tap on - create Backup > Select All > Hit Backup
The uploaded debug log contains only an older app session, so it does not show what failed this time. Please enable Settings → Advanced → Debug mode, try the backup again with Local thumbnails (Custom images) selected, then use Share logs with support immediately after the error. Please include the new upload name and tell us whether you selected a custom backup folder.
Yeah, I tried what you said but no luck. I shared the logs again. I even removed the Gif’s and tried too. And I selected everything ( custom images too).
Thanks for sending the new log. It shows that backup runs out of memory while processing a large custom image, likely one attached to a smart playlist. Removing the GIFs you tried did not remove the file involved in this failure.
Please keep your original artwork and do not rely on the small backup file as a complete copy, even if it opens for restore. As a temporary workaround, check for unusually large custom playlist images and try smaller copies, then create a new backup and confirm it reports success. If it still fails, please tell me the approximate sizes of the largest custom images.