Android Auto no longer shows the Library or Menus

App version

Production

Issue description

When I open Android Auto in my car it no longer shows the Library or Menus

Device type

Phone

Media provider

Local device

Steps to reproduce

Open Android Auto.

I searched existing issues first

on

I understand that logs are mandatory

on

Log upload name / description

mrbertie

Thanks for the log, it captured the problem.

When your phone connected, Android Auto asked Symfonium for its menu in a new way that also flags it as a “suggestions” request. Symfonium answers that kind of request with your recently played albums only, which is why the Home / Library / Favorites menus disappeared. Symfonium itself hasn’t changed there; this appears to come from a recent Android Auto update.

To help confirm, could you tell me which Android Auto version you have (Settings → Apps → Android Auto, version at the bottom) and roughly when it stopped working?

It stopped working today.

Android Auto 17.8.663814

Is it -release ? Or are you in the beta or soemthing ? Try to force stop it clear it’s data ?


Yes it is the -release version. And yes, it is Beta.

I did what you suggested and cleared both the data and cache on the Android Auto app, forced stop, restarted, and all is good again.

The AA interface also looks slightly different, must be a recent beta change also.

Thanks again.

I am having the same issue with latest Symfonium release and latest production AA.