Add "hide status bar" option

Not much more to say here. it’s a pretty great feature on other players giving us more of a full screen experience.
Thanks!

I guess you mean immersive mode like full screen games?
Maybe add a screenshot about what you mean.

I saw a screenshot with it enabled here My QoL improvements - #3 by burt2981

It hides the top bar with the time/notifications on pretty much every screen except for settings.

Yes it’s called fullscreen like in games it also hide the bottomnavigation / gesture bar.

1 Like

is this relevant here? https://semicolonspace.com/status-bar-jetpack-compose/

I should mention that this would just be for the now playing screen, no so much the other screens. That way the album art is the top-most thing you see.

This is the blocking part, already often pinging to unstale the issue :wink:

Oh that’s infuriating! Thanks for your persistence.

I see that you last bumped it Aug 25, 2023, I guess no news since then either? :frowning:

As a workaround, this app can fix this without root SystemUI Tuner – Apps no Google Play

Assuming you have ADB access or a device that doesn’t block installing apps targeting an api as old as 22.

Using on a Android 14. Even if if were blocked, another ADB trick could bypass it.

So, is this being worked on? :confused:

Cool! How did this get resolved??

This is not really, there’s tons of small visual effect and it will be only Android 11+ and and and …

But since they enforce edge to edge for Android 15 with some other side effect, I decided to still had it, hoping users won’t bother me with the small issues on first load or rotations.

Typical Google they enforce something for next Android version but are not able to deliver on the necessary things to properly support that …

1 Like