Tap the Release Type header to open Albums in that category (on Artist Details page)

Feature description:

As the title, it would be great if you could tap Albums, Singles, EPs or whatever on the Artist Details page to play the albums just under that header. Preferably in the selected sort order. A small play button next to it could also achieve the same task.

Problem solved:

Allows to play just a specific part of the library which is organised to be grouped together. There is currently no way to do this as far as I know.

Brought benefits:

See above.

Other application solutions:

Musicbee allows a double click on a header to play items under that header, in order displayed. It allows a single click to select them all.

Additional description and context:

Screenshots / Mockup:

For the record you can use smart filters to achieve the same thing.

That’s true. Quite lengthy though in comparison

Click the headers will directly open the filtered lists, I guess your album from artist sort will already be similar so it’s still one more click to play all but still faster while consistent with the rest of the app.

1 Like

Thanks! That works perfectly well - probably better UX consistency, like you say. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “I guess your album from artist sort will already be similar” though

You want the same order but it’s not passed down.

But the album list from artists have it’s own sort, so you’ll probably use the same in both screens so it won’t matter.

1 Like

Ahh I see what you mean. Yes I do.

Could something similar be worked out for the Appears on section?