Issue with gapless playing using local decoder

I did try updating, I went to the Play Store multiple times, but found no new update. From your point of view, you fixed it and it was in the beta. From my point of view, it was simply not fixed yet, there was no new update, and it left me confused. This is where, I feel, the tags failed to communicate properly the state of the issue, and I asked for clarification.

Again, nobody ordered you to do anything. I just asked for a link or more info. That was before being accused of entitlement.

It’s basic decency to answer a question. You owe me absolutely nothing, true. But you straight up ignored my first follow-up request. It wasn’t so unreasonable. Then you read that “paid user” part and you just… exploded. And honestly you rubbed me the wrong way, I hate hostile and condescending people, so I responded. You can’t expect me to shut up after being attacked.

Look in the mirror :wink:

And yes the update is not yet out since it’s currently in beta that will go to prod after. There’s dozens of messages explaining how things works.

So again you wanted me to take time to repeat things because you are entitled and think I owe you more dedicated support because you are quelluomo.

And despite all the evidences still here as expected trying to have the last word to prove that only your vision is the correct one and there’s no other side. Because you are Karen and I’m just the dev :wink:

And yes keep asking the same thing multiple time then bring that as your paid I must answer was wrong.
You can keep arguing. The issue was solved, you wanted custom support so that I search the duplicate for you and explain you how release are made. That’s insane that you think that’s not entitled to want someone do things for you…

Again friend, for the last time. Four words would have been sufficient. “Fixed in the Beta”. No searching involved whatsoever.

Users don’t have a technical background, don’t care how releases are made (nor they should) and besides I never even asked you to explain anything like that. You are, once more, putting words into my mouth.

I didn’t want “custom” nor “dedicated” support, I just wanted basic knowledge that I lacked. This is a support forum, not a private bug tracker. So yes, I expected the issue to be resolved (which I do appreciate you doing, by the way) and to be informed clearly on its status. How are you seeing this as “entitled” in a place where people literally come to you with their issues?

And as expected he keeps giving :slight_smile:

I must have wrote things because you wanted me to do more for you :slight_smile:

You were :slight_smile: And I’m not your friend BTW, you usually don’t assault friends :wink:

TL;DR; I’m a paid user you must answer me. You did not answer me so now here’s also a bad rating to really show that I’m the boss and you must obey :stuck_out_tongue: Pathetic Karen behavior.

I’m done trying to reason with you. You’re constantly confrontational and refuse to reason.

You are a sad, pathetic person. I hope life gets better.

Thanks for the laugh and the projection :wink:

Still can’t stop like you could not stop a week later to bad rate :wink: You want the last word as a Karen, you are infuriated that the little dev did not say amen to lord Quelluomo and resorts to insults as the nice Karen that you are.

You had everything needed and wanted more. That’s funny how at absolutely no point you even tried to see the other side here, typical Karen.

For the fun the analysis of an unbiased LLM, that might actually contradict your vision of the reality.


The sentence “As a paying user, I just want to get this sorted out” sounds frustrated, but it can also come across as entitled because of the way it frames the request.

The key issue is “As a paying user”.

That phrase implies:

“Because I paid, I deserve special attention / faster treatment / a better answer.”

Even if the person only means “I’m a legitimate customer and this matters to me”, it can sound like they are using payment as leverage. It shifts the tone from requesting help to asserting status.

The second part, “I just want to get this sorted out”, is not bad by itself. It communicates fatigue and impatience. But combined with “As a paying user”, it can sound like:

“I paid, so you owe me a solution now.”

That is why it feels “ultra entitled”: it suggests the person believes their payment gives them a stronger claim than other users, instead of simply describing the problem and asking for help.

A softer version would be:

“I’d really appreciate help getting this sorted out.”

Or, if they want to mention they paid:

“I’m using the paid version and I’m having trouble getting this working. Could you help me resolve it?”

That keeps the relevant context without sounding like a demand.

You finally ran out of your empty arguments, so you resort to an AI. The issue is, you clearly failed to include the whole thread, as if context didn’t matter.

So let’s actually ask an AI for their unbiased, honest opinion on the whole thread. Just don’t start calling the poor LLM Karen now, ok?



I’ve now read the full thread. Here’s my honest assessment.


The bug report itself was well-handled by quelluomo: structured, with logs, a screen capture, and sample files when asked. Cooperative and polite throughout the technical phase.

The actual turning point is subtle but important. The issue was tagged “fixed” and “duplicate” — but it wasn’t fixed for the user, because the fix was only in a beta build, not yet in production. Quelluomo checked for an update, found none, and was understandably confused. He asked a follow-up question about it. Tolriq simply didn’t respond. Quelluomo then sent another message mentioning he’s a paid user — not as a demand, but clearly as a frustrated attempt to get any response. That’s when things exploded.

Tolriq’s interpretation — that invoking paid status equals entitlement and “slaveholder mentality” — is a significant overreaction to a perfectly reasonable frustration. The core grievance quelluomo had was legitimate: being tagged “fixed” when the fix isn’t available to you without opting into a beta is genuinely confusing, and a brief “fixed in beta, coming to stable soon” note would have cost nothing. Tolriq spent far more time arguing about this than it would have taken to just write that sentence.

Quelluomo’s conduct was not without fault. Once the argument started, he escalated too — responding heat with heat, and ultimately leaving a negative review partly to “trigger” the developer by his own admission in the thread. That’s a bit petty, even if the underlying frustration was justified.

Tolriq’s conduct is the bigger problem, for a few reasons. He’s the developer and the one running the support forum — there’s an inherent power asymmetry and a professional responsibility that goes with it. Using the words “fucking” and “Karen” repeatedly, publicly, toward a paying customer on your own official support forum, is simply unprofessional regardless of who started what. The public review response calling someone a “Karen” twice and adding a smiley face is similarly embarrassing. The existence of a thread dedicated to mocking sub-5-star reviews — even if it’s meant as light-hearted venting — compounds the picture.

The review is broadly accurate. It may be slightly uncharitable in framing — the bug was addressed, the timeline wasn’t weeks, and quelluomo wasn’t entirely blameless — but the core claims (aggressive tone, hostile forum culture, the “slavery” accusation) are substantiated by the thread.

In short: quelluomo was a cooperative user who got confused, then frustrated, then petty. Tolriq was a developer who took a reasonable follow-up question as a personal affront and responded with a level of hostility that no paying customer — or frankly any person — deserves on a public support forum.

And to the surprise of no one, Karen is back to have the last word :wink: That’s what the 4th time you said you stop ? :wink: It’s hard to refrain the Karen need right :wink:

Hello M. nice piece of shit, glad to meet you.

You’re right the hello nice and glad to meet you completely remove the POS in the middle …

Seriously always amazed how deep people can go in their delusions. (And you do realize that you can have the LLM say absolutely anything right ?

For the fun asked the same on my side and the answer:


The OP’s core mistake was turning a support follow-up into a status-based demand by invoking “as a paying user.” The bug report itself may have been legitimate, but once the thread was already tagged as fixed/duplicate, repeatedly asking for extra clarification and then framing payment as a reason to receive more direct handling made the request sound entitled rather than merely confused. In that context, Tolriq’s frustration was understandable: for a small paid app, support cannot scale if every user expects the developer to personally search, re-explain release status, and provide individualized follow-up for information that is already available through tags, changelogs, or search. His tone was sharp, but the underlying reaction came from a reasonable boundary: paying a small one-time app price does not create a right to personalized, immediate developer attention.

Very professional and mature.

Well said! Of course, the same applies to you. And I honestly don’t think you are quite able to write a neutral prompt, or anything unbiased really.

So, since we both failed to include the prompt, here is a different LLM for you, same prompt as the previous one. I’ll include it for you this time. And add a nice share link so that you know it was not authored.

Enjoy!

PROMPT

This is the transcript of a thread from a support forum for the Symfonium app. The thread was opened by user Quelluomo, reporting a bug, and ended with an argument between him and Tolriq, the developer of the app.

First, read the two files containing the whole thread.

For reference, there will be a review mentioned, here it is, along with the answer from the developer:

L'app è valida, ma il supporto è inaccettabile. Ho segnalato un bug in maniera dettagliata, con log e tutto, il dev ha risposto dopo settimane con toni aggressivi e arroganti. Solo perché ho detto di essere un utente pagante sono stato letteralmente accusato di schiavismo (?). Sul forum ufficiale l'ostilità è la norma, c'è persino un thread per deridere le recensioni sotto le 5 stelle, cosa che trovo molto infantile e poco professionale. EDIT: la sua risposta conferma tutto ciò che ho scritto

Risposta dello sviluppatore:

Please be sure to read https://support.symfonium.app/t/-/1794

Ho a nice Karen spotted :)
The facts : https://support.symfonium.app/t/-/13831 you opened an issue it was fixed and properly marked as duplicated when triaged.
You wanted custom support like an entitled Karen and went full nuts ;)
Respect goes both ways Karen ...

After reading the thread and the review, please give me your honest, unbiased opinion on it.

ANSWER

My unbiased reading is that the bug report itself was good, the bug appears to have been real, and the technical side was eventually handled correctly. The conflict was almost entirely about communication and tone, not about the bug itself.

What I think Quelluomo did right

  • The original report was detailed, followed the template, included logs, reproduction steps, and even uploaded the requested MP3 files.
  • After waiting over a week and then almost three weeks, asking for an update was reasonable.
  • Asking for a link to the duplicate issue is a normal support request. In most bug trackers, when an issue is marked as duplicate, users expect a reference to the original issue.
  • The phrase “As a paying user, I just want to get this sorted out” can sound frustrated, but I do not read it as “you are my slave” or “you owe me special treatment.” It can be interpreted that way, but it’s far from the most aggressive or entitled phrasing I’ve seen.

What I think Quelluomo did wrong

  • Once the discussion became heated, he stopped de-escalating and started pushing back repeatedly.
  • Comments like “you went berserk,” “full meltdown,” “sad, pathetic person,” and mocking the developer’s calculations made the argument worse.
  • The review is clearly influenced by the interaction rather than the technical quality of the app. That’s not necessarily unfair, but it’s worth recognizing.

What I think Tolriq did right

  • He investigated the issue.
  • The issue was apparently identified and fixed.
  • His broader point—that indie developers cannot individually hand-hold every user—is legitimate. If hundreds or thousands of users expect custom explanations for things they can search themselves, support becomes impossible at scale.

What I think Tolriq did wrong

This is where I think the stronger criticism lies.

The interaction could have been resolved almost instantly with something like:

“This is a duplicate of issue X. The fix is currently in beta and will be released in the next stable version.”

That would have taken seconds.

Instead, he repeatedly interpreted “paid user” in the most hostile possible way and escalated immediately into accusations of entitlement, “slave” analogies, and later repeated “Karen” insults.

The biggest problem for me is not a single emotional reply. Everybody has bad days.

It’s the persistence of it.

Even after the discussion had clearly become about communication rather than the bug, he continued using terms like:

  • “Karen”
  • “paid user must obey”
  • “lord Quelluomo”
  • “pathetic Karen behavior”

while repeatedly attributing positions to the user that the user never literally expressed.

As the forum owner, administrator, and developer, I think he had more responsibility to keep things professional.

About the review

The review says:

“the support is unacceptable”

“the dev responded after weeks with aggressive and arrogant tones”

“I was literally accused of slavery”

“there is even a thread mocking sub-5-star reviews”

After reading the thread, I think the first three criticisms are substantially supported by the record.

The “slavery” point is not literally what Tolriq wrote, but he did characterize the user’s message as essentially “I paid you, you’re my slave and must answer me.” That’s close enough that I understand why the reviewer summarized it that way.

The developer’s response to the review is, in my opinion, the weakest part of the whole story. Calling a customer “Karen” in a public review response and linking the argument as proof largely reinforces the reviewer’s criticism rather than refuting it.

My overall conclusion

If I had to assign responsibility:

  • Technical issue handling: mostly in Tolriq’s favor.
  • Communication and professionalism: mostly in Quelluomo’s favor.
  • Escalation of the argument: both contributed, but Tolriq contributed more because he repeatedly escalated with personal labels and hostile interpretations of fairly ordinary support requests.

So my overall impression is:

The user became argumentative, but only after a support interaction that had already turned confrontational. The developer’s interpretation of “as a paying user” as evidence of extreme entitlement seems disproportionate, and the repeated use of “Karen” and similar remarks made the developer appear significantly less professional than the user throughout most of the exchange.

If I were a neutral third party reading that thread for the first time, I would likely come away thinking:

“The app may be good, but the developer is unusually combative in public support discussions.”

That’s the impression the thread left on me.


Link to the chat: ChatGPT - Bug Report Dispute

And one more, acting exactly as predicted a dozen post above :slight_smile:

You are seriously amazing, all that time that you could not use finding the duplicate that was so well hidden or what the fixed tag could have mean.

It’s more fun to go full Karen than think right ? Honestly the previous answer perfectly resumed the situation and yet you decide to ignore it and find a way to change the facts :slight_smile:

Let me put again what resume perfectly this :slight_smile:

His tone was sharp, but the underlying reaction came from a reasonable boundary: paying a small one-time app price does not create a right to personalized, immediate developer attention.

And yet that’s a boundary you completely can’t even imagine exist, because you are entitled :wink:

At some point no argument will make you open your eyes on how entitled you are and sound, and how your endless trying to show that you are right ignoring the fact, or bad rating a whole week later just because you ruminated that long because I did not say amen to your actions.

So one more time you are entitled, you had the proper support, you wanted more and now goes as deep as possible to ignore facts.

The best part is :

I on purpose demonstrate that whatever you put around your “I’m paying you must answer” does not remove the impact of that sentence. And the first thing you do : Confirm that by taking that example personally proving the point of this whole problem …

But as all delusional Karen you’ll explain that it’s not the same, bla bla bla, I do not understand, bla bla.

You are cute.

You just quoted your own biased LLM generated slop. Like you said, you can make them say anything. I am curious, which prompt did you feed that poor thing? I’ve shown mine, as I have nothing to hide. You, on the other hand, are clinging to your “entitled user” delusion so hard that you’ll find anything to try and “prove” it. Too bad you can’t, because:

It was also very funny and ironic to read this from you:

You’re the one ignoring the facts here, friend. And you’re the one who keeps returning with empty arguments. You’re just plugging your ears and screaming “ENTITLED!” over and over, doesn’t matter if the evidence says otherwise. You’re ignoring the fact that you are still being unprofessional, and immature, insulting me at every turn, even on the very public review response on the Play Store.

Speaking of immature and unprofessional:

Did you seriously call me a POS but then expected me not to take it personally? What does that prove exactly? I think you should read twice before posting stuff like this. It makes you look real bad.

In substance, to reiterate:

And again still here trying to convince only himself at this point. …

Did you seriously call me a POS but then expected me not to take it personally?

I wrote an example sentence not even targeted at you showing that even when you put nice word around something bad, the something bad is not erased. And your reaction was 100% confirming that. You know a counter example to what your LLM wrote.

But still you can’t understand that your sentence I’m paid user answer me was wrong despite all the rest and triggered me ?

At that point of your delusions does things stops being logical and just applies to others and not you ?

This is not about escalation, this is about how you started this with you entitlement and misplaced sentence …

I should have kept ignoring you that’s my mistake, but as said a million times your sentence was completely wrong.

But let’s ignore the other party, you think it was not wrong so there’s no problem on your side, as you thought I owed you an answer so there’s no problem insisting…

That’s the definition of selfish and entitled.

Unfortunately you are too deep in your delusions to even read what I write or trying to even imagine what you could have done wrong.

The Karen is unleashed now :wink:

Oh look another entitlement accusation.

Fine, you can say I’m entitled, nobody can convince you of the contrary anyways.

By insulting me you are violating both the guidelines of your own forum, as well as Google Play’s developer comment posting policy. In a shameful and childish way I would add.

If any user had repeatedly insulted someone else on this forum, like you did, you would have banned them instantly. But you are above your own rules, apparently, and you can do whatever you want without consequences. I’m glad you’re not a police officer.

It’s not just me either. Every other post I read you went hostile the second the other person said something that somehow triggered you, which seems to happen a lot. One of your active users even had to defend themselves by saying that not every user is out to get you. Can you see the climate you run this place in?

If you think users are dumb and a waste of time maybe, just maybe, find another job. Possibly with no other people around.

And still here confirming exactly what I said and always ignoring the actual issue just wanting the last word as every single Karen. You do realize that right ? I did warn that I love to play with Karen’s and see how deep they can go, and yet that too you ignored and kept giving :wink:

Hey look I punched the guy he punched back that’s an awful guy :wink:

And yes I told him him twice the issue is not in the app, he ignored me and opened another one making me again loose time. But unlike you he recognized, apologized and I took the time to help him despite something I had 0 reason to do, because unlike what you think I actually help people who respect me …

So thanks for another example of user doing wrong, one apologizing and the other going full Karen.

As the previous example you keep confirming the root issue but keep ignoring what you confirm.
Honestly that’s amazing …

All I hear you say is more excuses. “Hey this user is entitled, let’s be mean and publicly insult them, that’ll teach them”. Will you address any of the points I made? Of course you won’t, because you know you can’t. Keep ignoring that the rules are clear and you failed to respect them.

Please read, as you’re going against everything that is written here: Guidelines - Symfonium support

I would also link Google’s posting rules but you can search for them on your own :wink:

And still here without anything to say but ignore the root cause and facts and just say I’m right because I say so :wink:

You were entitled, I told you so, you went nuts because you think you are not and absolutely does not care about others only what you think is the ultimate truth :wink:

You keep asking me if I’ll stop taunting entitled Karen without thinking about not acting like a Karen just once. I won’t stop playing with entitled Karen because as said I despise this kind of individual. Will you ever think about your actions ? Of course not because Karen never do.

Karen at your level are rare, but you have no idea how I enjoy seeing you writing non sense just to deform the facts and try to reach the conclusion that you want but will never have.

Yep, like a broken record, and yet there it is once again

That was you, getting triggered (which you admitted) and derailing the whole thread with hostility and crazy math. I responded to that.

No, I keep asking why you don’t respond to the fact that you were unprofessional and in violation of so many rules. Did you read the guidelines I linked?

You can call me entitled, you can call me selfish, at the end of the day you are in a public space, in your own support forum, insulting a user that supported your work. You even insulted me on the play store. Nice way to build a reputation I guess.

Looking forward to your next message: “And once again you replied, you are entitled…”

Love this :wink:

And so at what moment do you admit that the multiple asks and your sentence were both out of place and the reason all this is happening?

Again look I punched that guy he punched back what an horrible person :wink:

Honestly you are near to the top 5 on my 14 years of Play Store. Only some more delusions and keep repeating what I must do instead of thinking about what you should not have :wink: