Default configuration

So now that most of the wanted features for a first official 1.0 release are in it’s time to pause a little and validate the default settings.

Since many things are configurable, if you have remarks about the default values for :

• The default shortcuts on home page.
  • The default rows and their order in home page.
  • The default library nodes.
  • Another other setting you may think of that should be changed.

Please note that it’s consultative as one desire are not always the majority of the desires :slight_smile:

Ping @splinter @AWren @heronheart @daniro as you are the most active requesters :slight_smile:

But this is a question for all current and future users.

1. Albums, Album Artists
  2. Random album artists, albums (no actual opinion)
  3. I didn’t realize I actually disabled Library View from the bottom tabs toolbar since day 1 so I’ve never actually used it before. I don’t have an opinion about this either. Maybe enable more stuff here by default so that people can trim away what they don’t want?

side fyi for 0.9.14, “hide small albums/hide small artists” seems to hide everything when enabled.

What is “all albums” vs “albums?”

edit 1: mostly off topic and it doesn’t warrant a request, but I think for the Artist View the “tracks” section is kind of useless since it’s mostly (for me) regurgitating songs that are found in the albums listed just above, but apparently randomly. It does also supply tracks the artist appears on, but not necessarily on an album released by that artist. I think this might be better served if this section is renamed “Appears On” and contains only these tracks.

It is a little hard to judge as I am involved from the early alpha stages. But I always found it very easy to configure these settings to my liking, while on the other hand the default settings do not do much for me. Still I found them a good mix, not overloaded, and showing some of the capabilities of the app that I might not have explored if they had not been there (like random albums and rediscover albums).

So all in all nothing to complain. But could you maybe state the default settings in above post for reference, because I do not remember them exactly and don’t want to reset.my app :wink:

I could ask for logs for the hide things but I have a
feeling you won’t give them :stuck_out_tongue:
They hide things with less than 4 songs.

Maybe you can show your config instead :slight_smile:
That way you really show your default values.

The problem seemed to be that I need to resync my libraries because the total time count went to 00:00 for everything.

Yes means a sync was not successful and track counts not updated.
For Kodi you can long press the sync button to force full sync.

About your edit it’s top tracks sorted by favorites play count ratings and some random in that. Should rename top tracks but when cliking it does show all tracks in another order so did not.

Sure!

Home Page Shrotcuts

• Genre (my general starting point for navigating through my lib)
  • Playlists (although I only have three…)
  • Files (I lobbied heavily for this, but am not really using it now)

Home Page Rows

• Last played albums
  • Newest albums (mostly to check if the lib is in sync)
  • Rediscover albums (still not sure how this list is exactly built)
  • Random albums
  • Continue albums (not sure if this will stay on the long run)
  • Continue tracks (for testing, but I will remove that)

I do not really use rediscover / random, but still I find it sometimes inspiring to see some random albums of my collection, which is why I left those rows active.

Main Menu (bottom row) Items

• Home
  • Genres
  • Playlists
  • Search

Basically replicating the home page shortcuts. If I don’t want to continue something or try out the latest album, my first click is on genre here or on the home page shortcuts.

Library
I do not use the library page any more and removed it from the menu. So I activated all library nodes in case I want to reactivate the library page and see something specific.

By the way, one thing I found confusing lately is that the playlist icon in the main menu is the same as the icon for the now playing list. If there would be a main menu icon for the Now Playing list, I would add it, even though the NP mini player is right above the main menu.

1 Like

Since configureable, which is cool, I don’t have strong opinions about defaults, however knowing what you are calling the different screens and menus to be able to match the setting to the UI outcome is more of a user problem.

For interest my config is as follows:

Home Page Shrotcuts

• All Albums
  • Album Artists

Home Page Rows

• Last played albums
  • Recently Added albums
  • Rediscover Albums
  • Random All Albums
  • Random Album Artists

Main Menu (bottom row) Items

• Home
  • Library
  • Search
  • All Albums
  • Settings

Library
Activated everything so could test. Nodes I might use:

• All Albums
  • Album Artists
  • Genres
  • Songs
  • All Artists

I use smart filtering extensively to gve me better way to dynamically navigate my library than the other nodes.

1 Like